Overhead Crane Electrical Maintenance - 2 Days
This 2-day electrical crane maintenance training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of A.C. crane controls including A.C. full magnetic, stepless and adjustable frequency drives and is considered the basic orientation to electrical maintenance.
Lockheed Martin Mark M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Clear goals and effective means of demonstration.
Ellwood National Steel Mitchell F.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Seat time in the crane.
Rocky Mountain SteelMills Hermilo R.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Load chart exercises, the knowledge that
the instructor has as well as field experiences.
Phelps Dodge Steve G.
A lot of info how to train & help others
Northrop Grumman Ken C.
Informative / Good info.
Overhead Crane Training on Electrical Maintenance
This accelerated electrical crane maintenance training course is offered in various cities throughout the U.S. and Canada, including at our Los Angeles area classroom.
This electrical overhead crane training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of AC crane controls including AC full magnetic, stepless and adjustable frequency drives and is considered the basic orientation to electrical crane maintenance.
- Identify the function and operation of single speed, two speed, step type, secondary reactor and adjustable frequency A.C. crane controls
- Analyze power and control circuits
- Identify problematic motor symptoms and correct their causes
- Perform control system inspections, tests and adjustments
- Analyze operating characteristics for troubleshooting control system failures
- Test, adjust and troubleshoot control components
- Understand how the plugging, overload and travel limit protection circuits operate individually and in combination
- Perform brake electrical inspections, tests, adjustments and trouble shooting
- Perform electrical inspections
- Perform electrical preventive maintenance procedures
- Overhead Crane Electrical Safety
- Overhead Crane Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Tools
- OHMS Law
- AC Motors
- Wound Rotor Motors
- DC Motors
- Motor Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Power Distribution
- Crane Electrical Components
- Fuses & Circuit Breakers
- Motor Overload
- Mechanical & Electrical Interlocks
- Transformers & Rectifier
- Limit Switches
- Motor Thermistors
- Brakes & Electric Load Brake - Magnetorque (TM)
- Master Controller, Radio Controls & Crane Pendants
- PLC & Crane Monitoring Equipment
- Crane Overload Limiter
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Basic Speed Control
- Hands-On Student Labs
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility