Static Stepless Setup and Troubleshooting - 4.5 Days
Static Stepless is a solid state, secondary reactor control system for overhead cranes. This crane course focuses on practical information for set-up, troubleshooting and component replacement on the control system.
Nucor Steel David D.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) How to calculate hoisting needs,
using adequate equipment for lifting jobs.
Freeport McMoRan Joseph L.
Learned things about rigging that I was previously misinformed about.
American Axle David H.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Hands on training and lift
calculations. Very good content. I received more out of the class than I had expected at the onset.
Alcoa Dave P.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) The hands on in the lab.
Freeport McMoRanMining Hank R.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Instructor kept the class moving at a good pace.
Static Stepless is a solid state, secondary reactor control system for overhead cranes. The course focuses on practical information for set-up, troubleshooting and component replacement on the control system. This crane course includes classroom and lab exercises to reinforce the lesson plan.
Students can take a written and practical exam to earn a certification card on the last day for $295 per student. Certification is valid for three (3) years
- Understand the functions of all major system components
- Use schematic diagrams to analyze and troubleshoot the electrical system
- Understand the procedures used to test for proper operation
- Explain proper set up and adjustment procedures for the system
- Identify and correct motor problems
- Learn proper use of test equipment
- Trouble shoot hoist and traverse (bridge & trolley) controls systems
- Protective features
- A.C. to D.C. rectification
- Wound rotor motors and Magnetorque operation
- Magnetic amplifiers
- Modules and circuits
- Ancillary components
- Functional Tests
- Control Module Tests
- Resistance checks
- Voltage checks
- Tour of motor and magnetorque manufacturing facility
Contact our Crane Training Center for more information, questions or special requests.