Static Stepless Setup and Troubleshooting - 4.5 Days
Static Stepless is a solid state, secondary reactor control system for overhead cranes. This crane course focuses on practical information for set-up, troubleshooting and component replacement on the control system.
Phelps Dodge Michael S.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Very good class involvement.
Lockheed Martin Mark M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Clear goals and effective means of demonstration.
Toromont Energy Marilyn H.
Being able to get out on the shop and view parts that we learned about. (The
instructor) was great.
Harsco Rail Brian K.
I enjoyed the course and got more out of it than I thought!
General Motors Jim S.
The instructors were very helpful and very knowledgeable.
Static Stepless is a solid state, secondary reactor control system for overhead cranes. The course focuses on practical information for set-up, troubleshooting and component replacement on the control system. This crane course includes classroom and lab exercises to reinforce the lesson plan.
Students can take a written and practical exam to earn a certification card on the last day for $295 per student. Certification is valid for three (3) years
- Understand the functions of all major system components
- Use schematic diagrams to analyze and troubleshoot the electrical system
- Understand the procedures used to test for proper operation
- Explain proper set up and adjustment procedures for the system
- Identify and correct motor problems
- Learn proper use of test equipment
- Trouble shoot hoist and traverse (bridge & trolley) controls systems
- Protective features
- A.C. to D.C. rectification
- Wound rotor motors and Magnetorque operation
- Magnetic amplifiers
- Modules and circuits
- Ancillary components
- Functional Tests
- Control Module Tests
- Resistance checks
- Voltage checks
- Tour of motor and magnetorque manufacturing facility
Contact our Crane Training Center for more information, questions or special requests.