Trinity Rail Mike M.
The course was very interesting. It helped me to know a lot more on the crane and the knowledge will help on the job.
Phelps Dodge Steve G.
A lot of info how to train & help others
SMS Millcraft Robert R.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) The Rigging.
North AmericanStainless Jack H.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Material information from instructor
on OSHA requirements.
Montenay Power Victor G.
A very helpful instructor. Great Job.
This crane training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of A.C. crane controls including A.C. full magnetic, stepless and adjustable frequency drives. This crane course is considered the basic orientation to electrical maintenance.
- Identify the function and operation of single speed, two speed, step type, secondary reactor and adjustable frequency A.C. crane controls
- Analyze power and control circuits
- Identify problematic motor symptoms and correct their causes
- Perform control system inspections, tests and adjustments
- Analyze operating characteristics for troubleshooting control system failures
- Overhead Crane Electrical Safety
- Overhead Crane Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Tools
- OHMS Law
- AC Motors
- Wound Rotor Motors
- DC Motors
- Motor Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Power Distribution
- Crane Electrical Components
- Fuses & Circuit Breakers
- Motor Overload
- Mechanical & Electrical Interlocks
- Transformers & Rectifier
- Limit Switches
- Motor Thermistors
- Brakes & Electric Load Brake - Magnetorque (TM)
- Master Controller, Radio Controls & Crane Pendants
- PLC & Crane Monitoring Equipment
- Crane Overload Limiter
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Basic Speed Control
- Hands-On Student Labs
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility