In this three day crane training course, students will learn how to perform electrical inspections and preventive maintenance procedures.
Ford Michael G.
Pick-up good information on cranes. (I) took hoists for granted until now.
Nucor Steel Ray R.
Instructor, excellent presenter.
REC Silicon Kelly M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was)….Excellent course.
Bowling GreenMetal Cliff O.
(What I liked most about the course was…) (The Instructor's) years of teaching
American Axle David H.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Hands on training and lift
calculations. Very good content. I received more out of the class than I had expected at the onset.
This crane training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of A.C. crane controls including A.C. full magnetic, stepless and adjustable frequency drives. This crane course is considered the basic orientation to electrical maintenance.
- Identify the function and operation of single speed, two speed, step type, secondary reactor and adjustable frequency A.C. crane controls
- Analyze power and control circuits
- Identify problematic motor symptoms and correct their causes
- Perform control system inspections, tests and adjustments
- Analyze operating characteristics for troubleshooting control system failures
- Overhead Crane Electrical Safety
- Overhead Crane Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Tools
- OHMS Law
- AC Motors
- Wound Rotor Motors
- DC Motors
- Motor Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Power Distribution
- Crane Electrical Components
- Fuses & Circuit Breakers
- Motor Overload
- Mechanical & Electrical Interlocks
- Transformers & Rectifier
- Limit Switches
- Motor Thermistors
- Brakes & Electric Load Brake - Magnetorque (TM)
- Master Controller, Radio Controls & Crane Pendants
- PLC & Crane Monitoring Equipment
- Crane Overload Limiter
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Basic Speed Control
- Hands-On Student Labs
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility