General Motors Tim Petty
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Practical experiences that the instructor had to offer.
U.S. Air Force ChristopherG.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) The broad spectrum the course
covered was very good. (The instructor) was a good instructor who was well prepared and very knowledgeable. I really enjoyed the course and my visit to Wisconsin was very good.
Nucor Steel Dan D.
(The instructor) did an excellent job. He involved everyone and the atmosphere
was relaxed and educational. I have learned a lot and this course will help me become a better operator.
Unifrax Mark H.
The course and instructor was very full of information and student orientated. I
learned a lot! Thank you.
Goodman Mfg. Scot J.
(What did you like most about the seminar...) Instructor's knowledge of material and presentation.
This crane training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of A.C. crane controls including A.C. full magnetic, stepless and adjustable frequency drives. This crane course is considered the basic orientation to electrical maintenance.
- Identify the function and operation of single speed, two speed, step type, secondary reactor and adjustable frequency A.C. crane controls
- Analyze power and control circuits
- Identify problematic motor symptoms and correct their causes
- Perform control system inspections, tests and adjustments
- Analyze operating characteristics for troubleshooting control system failures
- Overhead Crane Electrical Safety
- Overhead Crane Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Tools
- OHMS Law
- AC Motors
- Wound Rotor Motors
- DC Motors
- Motor Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Power Distribution
- Crane Electrical Components
- Fuses & Circuit Breakers
- Motor Overload
- Mechanical & Electrical Interlocks
- Transformers & Rectifier
- Limit Switches
- Motor Thermistors
- Brakes & Electric Load Brake - Magnetorque (TM)
- Master Controller, Radio Controls & Crane Pendants
- PLC & Crane Monitoring Equipment
- Crane Overload Limiter
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Basic Speed Control
- Hands-On Student Labs
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility