L3 Comm Heather G.
The instructor did a great job of allowing group discussion, but kept it on topic
and relevant. He also had a great real world experience to add to discussions and presentations.
Gerdau Ameristeel Wayne J.
(What I liked about the seminar was….) How much knowledge that instructor
shared. Instructor did a great job. He has a great deal of knowledge about cranes and the components. He (did) good on his presentations and should be recommended. This was one of the better class that I've taken with a good instructor.
Nucor Steel Michael S.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) The Instructors knowledge
Duke Power Steve H.
The group was from different areas of business which was good. We heard
problems of other people.
Exelon – Nuclear Mark S.
Good Setting away from work. Very good course instructor (who) did a very
good job and exceeded my expectations.
This crane training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of A.C. crane controls including A.C. full magnetic, stepless and adjustable frequency drives. This crane course is considered the basic orientation to electrical maintenance.
- Identify the function and operation of single speed, two speed, step type, secondary reactor and adjustable frequency A.C. crane controls
- Analyze power and control circuits
- Identify problematic motor symptoms and correct their causes
- Perform control system inspections, tests and adjustments
- Analyze operating characteristics for troubleshooting control system failures
- Overhead Crane Electrical Safety
- Overhead Crane Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Tools
- OHMS Law
- AC Motors
- Wound Rotor Motors
- DC Motors
- Motor Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Power Distribution
- Crane Electrical Components
- Fuses & Circuit Breakers
- Motor Overload
- Mechanical & Electrical Interlocks
- Transformers & Rectifier
- Limit Switches
- Motor Thermistors
- Brakes & Electric Load Brake - Magnetorque (TM)
- Master Controller, Radio Controls & Crane Pendants
- PLC & Crane Monitoring Equipment
- Crane Overload Limiter
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Basic Speed Control
- Hands-On Student Labs
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility