Overhead Crane Electrical Maintenance - 3 Days
In this 3-day crane training course, students will learn how to perform electrical inspections and preventive maintenance procedures.
Phelps Dodge Brandon S.
(What did you like most about the seminar…) The pace of the class, the instructor's knowledge and experience.
Boeing Eric C.
Information was something I can use directly with my job and prepares me for the things I need to be aware of.
Freeport McMoRan Tom H.
What I liked most about the seminar was the videos and pictures.
General Motors Bryan L.
Student & instructor interaction encouraged. Picked up valuable information from others experiences
WE Energies Tom P.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Work book exercises.
This crane training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of A.C. crane controls including A.C. full magnetic, stepless and adjustable frequency drives. This crane course is considered the basic orientation to electrical maintenance.
- Identify the function and operation of single speed, two speed, step type, secondary reactor and adjustable frequency A.C. crane controls
- Analyze power and control circuits
- Identify problematic motor symptoms and correct their causes
- Perform control system inspections, tests and adjustments
- Analyze operating characteristics for troubleshooting control system failures
- Overhead Crane Electrical Safety
- Overhead Crane Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Tools
- OHMS Law
- AC Motors
- Wound Rotor Motors
- DC Motors
- Motor Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Power Distribution
- Crane Electrical Components
- Fuses & Circuit Breakers
- Motor Overload
- Mechanical & Electrical Interlocks
- Transformers & Rectifier
- Limit Switches
- Motor Thermistors
- Brakes & Electric Load Brake - Magnetorque (TM)
- Master Controller, Radio Controls & Crane Pendants
- PLC & Crane Monitoring Equipment
- Crane Overload Limiter
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Basic Speed Control
- Hands-On Student Labs
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility