Cedar Bay Generating DC
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Although having some
knowledge of rigging practices previously, this course gave detail info on how to size rigging devices for various loads.
Exelon – Nuclear Mark S.
Good Setting away from work. Very good course instructor (who) did a very
good job and exceeded my expectations.
Harley Davidson Tony V.
Gerdau Ameristeel Kenneth M.
Instructor was great. He was very knowledgeable of all of the cranes at the plant.
Spallinger Millwright Tom D.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Learning new things, understanding
This crane training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of A.C. crane controls including A.C. full magnetic, stepless and adjustable frequency drives. This crane course is considered the basic orientation to electrical maintenance.
- Identify the function and operation of single speed, two speed, step type, secondary reactor and adjustable frequency A.C. crane controls
- Analyze power and control circuits
- Identify problematic motor symptoms and correct their causes
- Perform control system inspections, tests and adjustments
- Analyze operating characteristics for troubleshooting control system failures
- Overhead Crane Electrical Safety
- Overhead Crane Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Tools
- OHMS Law
- AC Motors
- Wound Rotor Motors
- DC Motors
- Motor Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Power Distribution
- Crane Electrical Components
- Fuses & Circuit Breakers
- Motor Overload
- Mechanical & Electrical Interlocks
- Transformers & Rectifier
- Limit Switches
- Motor Thermistors
- Brakes & Electric Load Brake - Magnetorque (TM)
- Master Controller, Radio Controls & Crane Pendants
- PLC & Crane Monitoring Equipment
- Crane Overload Limiter
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Basic Speed Control
- Hands-On Student Labs
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility