In this three day crane training course, students will learn how to perform electrical inspections and preventive maintenance procedures.
Gerdau Ameristeel Bryan S.
(What I liked about the seminar was…) How much knowledge I gained from the
course. It was very informative, knowledgeable and to the point. Materials were very good to read.
Procter & Gamble Mike L.
(Instructor) made it interesting. Very good - don't change.
Kinder Morgan Mike S.
The way (The Instructor) explained the course.
Freeport McMoRan Eric M.
It was a good course.
National OilwellVarco Martin G.
Interesting facts about material, cranes and tools.
This crane training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of A.C. crane controls including A.C. full magnetic, stepless and adjustable frequency drives. This crane course is considered the basic orientation to electrical maintenance.
- Identify the function and operation of single speed, two speed, step type, secondary reactor and adjustable frequency A.C. crane controls
- Analyze power and control circuits
- Identify problematic motor symptoms and correct their causes
- Perform control system inspections, tests and adjustments
- Analyze operating characteristics for troubleshooting control system failures
- Overhead Crane Electrical Safety
- Overhead Crane Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Tools
- OHMS Law
- AC Motors
- Wound Rotor Motors
- DC Motors
- Motor Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Power Distribution
- Crane Electrical Components
- Fuses & Circuit Breakers
- Motor Overload
- Mechanical & Electrical Interlocks
- Transformers & Rectifier
- Limit Switches
- Motor Thermistors
- Brakes & Electric Load Brake - Magnetorque (TM)
- Master Controller, Radio Controls & Crane Pendants
- PLC & Crane Monitoring Equipment
- Crane Overload Limiter
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Basic Speed Control
- Hands-On Student Labs
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility