Portal Crane Mechanical Maintenance Training - 3 Days
Our 3-day Portal Crane Mechanical Maintenance training course provides standardized criteria to evaluate and correct structural, drive machinery and hoist problems on portal cranes.
REC Silicon Kelly M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was)….Excellent course.
Jacinto Port Pedro M.
All. I personally thank P&H for having this training available.
Boeing Gary M.
(The Instructor) is doing a great job and one of the best, if not the best classes, I've had at my company in 20 years!
Timet Glen C.
Course was very good! Instructor did a great job.
Mittal Steel Michael S.
One of the best training courses we have had. Good course material/handouts.
Excellent instructor with lots of previous experience/knowledge.
This crane training course provides standardized criteria to evaluate and correct structural, drive machinery and hoist problems on portal cranes.
Participants will also learn how to setup comprehensive preventive maintenance programs.
A tour of our crane gearing and parts manufacturing plant is included.
- Learn to isolate causes of abnormal tracking.
- Determine causes of abnormal component wear.
- Learn component replacement criteria.
- Learn replacement and adjustment procedures.
- Determine needed preventative maintenance items and intervals.
- Chapter 1 - Introduction – Safety,
- Shut down Conditions
- Service classifications & Type of Portal Cranes
- Major Crane Components
- Chapter 2 - Crane Tracking
- Results of Improper Tracking
- Runway Tolerances
- Chapter 3 - Runways and wheels
- Runway Alignment
- Rail Systems & Rail Welding
- End Stops
- Wheel Features
- Trolley Wheel Tracking
- Wheel removal & Shimming Wheels
- Equalizing & Truck Pins
- Chapter4 - Crane Structure
- Fixed Leg
- Hinged Leg
- Gantry Equalizer Trucks
- Cab Supports
- Trolley Wheel Replacement & Alignment
- Chapter 5 – Brakes
- Mechanical Load Brakes
- Electrical Load Brakes
- Holding Brakes
- Chapter 6 – Gantry & Trolley Drives Systems
- Gear Boxes
- Gear Wear
- Chapter 7 -Hoist Machinery
- Wire Ropes
- Chapter 8 - Preventative Maintenance
- Lubrication Charts
- Preventative Maintenance