R2 Advanced Rigging & Rigging Inspection - 2 Days
This 2-day rigging training course is for people with prior rigging experience.
Keystone Steel & Wire Scott A.
This course was very informative to me and the instructor was very good at his job.
Thank you for the information. I learned a lot of the do's and don'ts.
Nothelfer Gilman,Inc. Carol C.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Trainer's ability to present material
in an easily understandable practical methodology.
Phelps Dodge Scott C.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Class interaction working with the
other people in the class.
Cedar Bay Generating DC
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Although having some
knowledge of rigging practices previously, this course gave detail info on how to size rigging devices for various loads.
ADM Bio Products Jason G.
It was very well taught. I did not know much about cranes now I feel I have the
tools to help teach fellow employees.
Rigging Training and Inspection for Those with Prior Experience
This advanced rigging training is designed as a classroom and hands-on program.
This course covers all the OSHA/ASME requirements for overhead crane operation including the reasons behind the requirements. The course begins with rigging training fundamentals, such as, identification of major crane components. This rigging training will focus on the safe and proper crane operation. **Hands-on rigging loads with unusual center of gravity.** Course lengths will vary depending on the specific type of customer needs.
- Identify all major crane components
- Explain the function of major components
- Explain and use recommended hand signals
- Explain and apply all recommended safety procedures
- Perform all recommended operating procedures
- Correctly make precision lifts
- Understand crane control operations (AC or DC)
- ASME B30 regulations and OSHA rigging standards.
- Inspection of Rigging Equipment
- Inspection Records
- Slings & BTH
- Wire Rope Slings
- Metal Mesh Slings
- Synthetic Rope Slings
- Synthetic Webbed Slings
- Below the hook lifting devices
- Rigging Hardware
- Hoist Rings & Swivel Hoist Rings
- Lifting Scales and Dynamometers
- Snatch blocks
- Plate Clamps
- Manual lever operate hoists, and Hand Operated Hoists
- Lift plans based on student's actual environments.
- Advanced rigging calculations will include turning loads and center of gravity for irregular loads.
- Rigging inspection will include hands-on with positive and negative examples.