L3 Comm Heather G.
The instructor did a great job of allowing group discussion, but kept it on topic
and relevant. He also had a great real world experience to add to discussions and presentations.
Gerdau Ameristeel Wayne J.
(What I liked about the seminar was….) How much knowledge that instructor
shared. Instructor did a great job. He has a great deal of knowledge about cranes and the components. He (did) good on his presentations and should be recommended. This was one of the better class that I've taken with a good instructor.
Nucor Steel Michael S.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) The Instructors knowledge
Duke Power Steve H.
The group was from different areas of business which was good. We heard
problems of other people.
Exelon – Nuclear Mark S.
Good Setting away from work. Very good course instructor (who) did a very
good job and exceeded my expectations.
Rigging Training and Inspection for Those with Prior Experience
This advanced rigging training is designed as a classroom and hands-on program.
This course covers all the OSHA/ASME requirements for overhead crane operation including the reasons behind the requirements. The course begins with rigging training fundamentals, such as, identification of major crane components. This rigging training will focus on the safe and proper crane operation. **Hands-on rigging loads with unusual center of gravity.** Course lengths will vary depending on the specific type of customer needs.
- Identify all major crane components
- Explain the function of major components
- Explain and use recommended hand signals
- Explain and apply all recommended safety procedures
- Perform all recommended operating procedures
- Correctly make precision lifts
- Understand crane control operations (AC or DC)
- ASME B30 regulations and OSHA rigging standards.
- Inspection of Rigging Equipment
- Inspection Records
- Slings & BTH
- Wire Rope Slings
- Metal Mesh Slings
- Synthetic Rope Slings
- Synthetic Webbed Slings
- Below the hook lifting devices
- Rigging Hardware
- Hoist Rings & Swivel Hoist Rings
- Lifting Scales and Dynamometers
- Snatch blocks
- Plate Clamps
- Manual lever operate hoists, and Hand Operated Hoists
- Lift plans based on student's actual environments.
- Advanced rigging calculations will include turning loads and center of gravity for irregular loads.
- Rigging inspection will include hands-on with positive and negative examples.