Nucor Steel William B.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Hands on and plant tours.
US Bureau ofReclamation Roger S.
What I liked most about the seminar was...) The facility was well suited and
Magic Steel Michael S.
The ability to interact with the instructor and the students to learn from each other
General Motors Christopher
(The Instructor) was well prepared and experienced. (T)his was a great course.
General Motors Jeff C.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) It was excellent with the information I
will need on my job
Rigging Training and Inspection for Those with Prior Experience
This advanced rigging training is designed as a classroom and hands-on program.
This course covers all the OSHA/ASME requirements for overhead crane operation including the reasons behind the requirements. The course begins with rigging training fundamentals, such as, identification of major crane components. This rigging training will focus on the safe and proper crane operation. **Hands-on rigging loads with unusual center of gravity.** Course lengths will vary depending on the specific type of customer needs.
- Identify all major crane components
- Explain the function of major components
- Explain and use recommended hand signals
- Explain and apply all recommended safety procedures
- Perform all recommended operating procedures
- Correctly make precision lifts
- Understand crane control operations (AC or DC)
- ASME B30 regulations and OSHA rigging standards.
- Inspection of Rigging Equipment
- Inspection Records
- Slings & BTH
- Wire Rope Slings
- Metal Mesh Slings
- Synthetic Rope Slings
- Synthetic Webbed Slings
- Below the hook lifting devices
- Rigging Hardware
- Hoist Rings & Swivel Hoist Rings
- Lifting Scales and Dynamometers
- Snatch blocks
- Plate Clamps
- Manual lever operate hoists, and Hand Operated Hoists
- Lift plans based on student's actual environments.
- Advanced rigging calculations will include turning loads and center of gravity for irregular loads.
- Rigging inspection will include hands-on with positive and negative examples.