Underhung Crane Inspection Training - 2 Days
This 2-day Underhung Crane Inspection training course covers all pertinent regulatory agency requirements for the proper inspection of underhung cranes and hoists.
Phelps Dodge AlejandroP.
I really liked the exercises in calculating our loads. I also liked the hands on at
the mill and being able to go to the SXEW to see 2 different applications of cranes in the mine.
Timet Dalton P.
Good class personable instructor. (Not happy he was a Green Bay Fan).
US Army Corps of Eng. John A.
I thought this was the best course I have had for inspection. (The Instructor)
verbally explained item(s) I didn't understand. I think the hotel arrangements were excellent and travel was easy.
Phelps Dodge Belva C.
Instructor was well prepared and informative. Learned a lot and will apply it to my
Tilden Mine Dan J.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Knowledgable instructor.
This two day course covers all pertinent regulatory agency requirements for the proper inspection of underhung cranes and hoists. Attendees may participate in an optional written evaluation following the course. Those who successfully pass the evaluation will be issued a wallet size Underhung Crane Inspection Certification Cards, valid for 2 years. There is no additional charge for this certification.
- Perform inspections in accordance with all pertinent codes and regulations
- Understand and interpret applicable sections of OSHA 1910.3, OSHA 1910.6 and CMAA 74 & 78
- Have a working knowledge of ANSI/ASME Standard B30, Series 10, 16, & 17
- Recognize and perform required record keeping
- Be able to perform consistent, comprehensive crane inspections
- Crane types and service classifications
- General inspection requirements
- General crane safety and housekeeping
- Hazards / shutdown conditions
- Runways, wheels, and brakes
- Crane structure and electrical systems
- Drive machinery and hoist equipment
You will receive:
- Course workbook
- Inspection Mirror
- Safety Standards Reference Sheet
- Baseball Cap
- Inspector Certification Card (Upon Passing - Valid for 2 Years)