Overhead Crane Inspection Course - 3 Days
This popular crane inspection course covers a wide variety of crane configurations. Participants receive a working knowledge of all pertinent regulatory agency requirements.
Norampac Derek W.
Gave me a good understanding of rigging!
Veolia ES Michael B.
The instructor knew what he was talking about and is a good teacher.
North AmericanStainless Rex C.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Well instructed.
Abbott Labs Bob C.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) The right way to use slings and figure weight
Phelps Dodge Franco R.
(What did you like most about the seminar…) Learning more about cranes.
Crane Inspection Training for Overhead and Underhung Configurations
This popular crane inspection course covers a wide variety of overhead and underhung crane configurations. Participants receive a working knowledge of all pertinent regulatory agency requirements. Attendees may participate in an optional written evaluation following the seminar. Those who successfully pass the written evaluation will be issued a certification valid for 2 years.
Who should attend:
Crane maintenance personnel, electricians, mechanics, mill wrights, inspectors, maintenance supervisors, foremen, facilities engineers, or anyone else connected with your maintenance or safety program.
- Perform inspections in accordance with all pertinent codes and regulations
- Understand and interpret applicable sections of OSHA Title 29 regulations (OSHA 29CFR)
- Have a working knowledge of ANSI/ASME Standard B30
- Recognize and perform required record keeping
- Be able to perform consistent, comprehensive crane inspections
- Crane types and service classifications
- General inspection requirements
- General crane safety and housekeeping
- Hazards / shutdown conditions
- Runways, wheels, and brakes
- Crane structure and electrical systems
- Drive machinery and hoist equipment
- Please Note: (Our 818 Course is 4 days and includes 1 day of hands on training).
You will receive:
- Course workbook
- OSHA Guide
- Safety Standards Reference Sheet
- Baseball Cap
- Inspector Certification (Upon Passing - Valid for 2 Years)