Overhead Crane Inspection Course - 3 Days
This popular crane inspection course covers a wide variety of crane configurations. Participants receive a working knowledge of all pertinent regulatory agency requirements.
O'Neal Steel Ricky W.
It was very hands on informative, interesting. I have been operating cranes for
over thirty years and I learned a lot in this class. Instructor methods were great!!!!
Harley Davidson Michael K.
Our instructor was great and was very knowledgeable
Vulcan Materials Scott M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Hands on training.
Ellwood National Steel Mitchell F.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Seat time in the crane.
SMS Millcraft Robert R.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) The Rigging.
Crane Inspection Training for Overhead and Underhung Configurations
This popular crane inspection course covers a wide variety of overhead and underhung crane configurations. Participants receive a working knowledge of all pertinent regulatory agency requirements. Attendees may participate in an optional written evaluation following the seminar. Those who successfully pass the written evaluation will be issued a certification valid for 2 years.
Who should attend:
Crane maintenance personnel, electricians, mechanics, mill wrights, inspectors, maintenance supervisors, foremen, facilities engineers, or anyone else connected with your maintenance or safety program.
- Perform inspections in accordance with all pertinent codes and regulations
- Understand and interpret applicable sections of OSHA Title 29 regulations (OSHA 29CFR)
- Have a working knowledge of ANSI/ASME Standard B30
- Recognize and perform required record keeping
- Be able to perform consistent, comprehensive crane inspections
- Crane types and service classifications
- General inspection requirements
- General crane safety and housekeeping
- Hazards / shutdown conditions
- Runways, wheels, and brakes
- Crane structure and electrical systems
- Drive machinery and hoist equipment
- Please Note: (Our 818 Course is 4 days and includes 1 day of hands on training).
You will receive:
- Course workbook
- OSHA Guide
- Safety Standards Reference Sheet
- Baseball Cap
- Inspector Certification (Upon Passing - Valid for 2 Years)