Overhead Crane Inspection Course - 3 Days
This popular crane inspection course covers a wide variety of crane configurations. Participants receive a working knowledge of all pertinent regulatory agency requirements.
Buzzi-Unicem Andy M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Small group, course length.
North AmericanStainless BrandonDeneen
Instructor very willing to answer questions as well as encouraged questions.
Dietrich Industries Scott C.
Small and casual course setting. Ability to take things apart in the lab and see how they work.
Nichols Aluminim Frankie T.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Gaining knowledge of crane and
Nucor Steel Shane V.
Great Class w/training to the governing agencies. Loved the Power Point Format
w/video clips from wire rope manufacturer.
Crane Inspection Training for Overhead and Underhung Configurations
This popular crane inspection course covers a wide variety of overhead and underhung crane configurations. Participants receive a working knowledge of all pertinent regulatory agency requirements. Attendees may participate in an optional written evaluation following the seminar. Those who successfully pass the written evaluation will be issued a certification valid for 2 years.
Who should attend:
Crane maintenance personnel, electricians, mechanics, mill wrights, inspectors, maintenance supervisors, foremen, facilities engineers, or anyone else connected with your maintenance or safety program.
- Perform inspections in accordance with all pertinent codes and regulations
- Understand and interpret applicable sections of OSHA Title 29 regulations (OSHA 29CFR)
- Have a working knowledge of ANSI/ASME Standard B30
- Recognize and perform required record keeping
- Be able to perform consistent, comprehensive crane inspections
- Crane types and service classifications
- General inspection requirements
- General crane safety and housekeeping
- Hazards / shutdown conditions
- Runways, wheels, and brakes
- Crane structure and electrical systems
- Drive machinery and hoist equipment
- Please Note: (Our 818 Course is 4 days and includes 1 day of hands on training).
You will receive:
- Course workbook
- Inspection Mirror
- OSHA Guide
- Safety Standards Reference Sheet
- Baseball Cap
- Inspector Certification (Upon Passing - Valid for 2 Years)
Contact our Crane Training Center now for additional information, questions or special requests OR view all crane courses available.