Overhead Crane Inspection Course - 3 Days
This popular crane inspection course covers a wide variety of crane configurations. Participants receive a working knowledge of all pertinent regulatory agency requirements.
Pickwick MFG Brian T.
Lots of good information, excellent hand book.
REC Silicon Phil H.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) It makes you think before you make a lift
Northrop Grumman Danny M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) The angle of slings.
OSHA Dan C.
I thought that having access to crane equipment in the lab was very helpful in learning materials covered in the course. I look forward to taking additional courses
here, and I will recommend this course to my co-workers.
Buzzi-Unicem Matthew B.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Their suggestions. Many of the
suggestions they had would help but they must be implemented.
Crane Inspection Training for Overhead and Underhung Configurations
This popular crane inspection course covers a wide variety of overhead and underhung crane configurations. Participants receive a working knowledge of all pertinent regulatory agency requirements. Attendees may participate in an optional written evaluation following the seminar. Those who successfully pass the written evaluation will be issued a wallet-size Crane Inspection card with photo, valid for 2 years. There is no additional charge for this testing and card.
Who should attend:
Crane maintenance personnel, electricians, mechanics, mill wrights, inspectors, maintenance supervisors, foremen, facilities engineers, or anyone else connected with your maintenance or safety program.
- Perform inspections in accordance with all pertinent codes and regulations
- Understand and interpret applicable sections of OSHA Title 29 regulations (OSHA 29CFR)
- Have a working knowledge of ANSI/ASME Standard B30
- Recognize and perform required record keeping
- Be able to perform consistent, comprehensive crane inspections
- Crane types and service classifications
- General inspection requirements
- General crane safety and housekeeping
- Hazards / shutdown conditions
- Runways, wheels, and brakes
- Crane structure and electrical systems
- Drive machinery and hoist equipment
- Please Note: (Our 818 Course is 4 days and includes 1 day of hands on training).
You will receive:
- Course workbook
- Inspection Mirror
- OSHA Guide
- Safety Standards Reference Sheet
- Baseball Cap
- Inspector Certification Card (Upon Passing - Valid for 2 Years)