Overhead Crane Inspection - 4 Days
This popular 4 day crane course covers a wide variety of crane configurations. Participants receive a working knowledge of all pertinent regulatory agency requirements. This overhead crane maintenance training is the same classroom as our course no. 819 but includes hands-on training in our lab.
Plum BrookOperations Don G.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Information, convenience, comfortable location.
Los Alamos Ted L.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Instructor was very knowledgeable.
Duke Power Steve H.
The group was from different areas of business which was good. We heard
problems of other people.
Phelps Dodge David N.
(What did you like most about the seminar…) Everything was great!
Conoco PhillipsVenco Don G.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Learning the mechanical aspects of the crane. The instructor was very professional and informative. This course
taught me more about the crane than I knew in my eleven (11) years here. The instructor was very good at applying the knowledge and learning as it applies to
our crane here.
This popular crane course covers a wide variety of overhead crane configurations. Participants receive a working knowledge of all pertinent regulatory agency requirements including OSHA, CMAA and ASME B30.
Attendees may participate in an optional written evaluation following the seminar. Those who successfully pass the evaluation will be issued a Certificate, valid for 2 years. There is no additional charge for this testing.
Who should attend:
Crane maintenance personnel, electricians, mechanics, mill wrights, crane inspectors, maintenance supervisors, foremen, facilities engineers, or anyone else connected with your maintenance or safety program.
- Perform inspections in accordance with all pertinent codes and regulations
- Understand and interpret applicable sections of OSHA Title 29 regulations (OSHA 29CFR)
- Have a working knowledge of ANSI/ASME Standard B30
- Recognize and perform required record keeping
- Be able to perform consistent, comprehensive crane inspections
- Crane types and service classifications
- General inspection requirements
- General crane safety and housekeeping
- Hazards / shutdown conditions
- Runways, wheels, and brakes
- Crane structure and electrical systems
- Drive machinery and hoist equipment
- 818 Overhead Crane Inspection Course includes 1 day of hands-on training
You will receive:
- Course workbook
- Inspection Mirror
- OSHA Guide
- Safety Standards Reference Sheet
- Baseball Cap
- Certification (Upon Passing - Valid for 2 Years)