Overhead Crane Inspection - 4 Days
This popular 4 day crane course covers a wide variety of crane configurations. Participants receive a working knowledge of all pertinent regulatory agency requirements. This overhead crane maintenance training is the same classroom as our course no. 819 but includes hands-on training in our lab.
American Elec. Power Jim K.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Step by step instruction, easy to
Nucor Steel Daniel P.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) How to teach a class and interact with students.
Component BuildersLLC Rick H.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Small class size. Instructor was knowledgeable and easy to communicate with.
North AmericanStainless Brad W.
The material will help in the field
Gerdau Ameristeel Mike M.
(What I liked about the seminar was…) Learning about the mechanics as well as built in safe guards on cranes. I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I have operated
the mill crane off and on for 20 years. I learned more about cranes in the 2 1/2
day course than I have in previous years. Instructor did a great job.
This popular crane course covers a wide variety of overhead crane configurations. Participants receive a working knowledge of all pertinent regulatory agency requirements including OSHA, CMAA and ASME B30.
Attendees may participate in an optional written evaluation following the seminar. Those who successfully pass the evaluation will be issued a photo wallet size Crane Inspection Card, valid for 2 years. There is no additional charge for this testing.
Who should attend:
Crane maintenance personnel, electricians, mechanics, mill wrights, crane inspectors, maintenance supervisors, foremen, facilities engineers, or anyone else connected with your maintenance or safety program.
- Perform inspections in accordance with all pertinent codes and regulations
- Understand and interpret applicable sections of OSHA Title 29 regulations (OSHA 29CFR)
- Have a working knowledge of ANSI/ASME Standard B30
- Recognize and perform required record keeping
- Be able to perform consistent, comprehensive crane inspections
- Crane types and service classifications
- General inspection requirements
- General crane safety and housekeeping
- Hazards / shutdown conditions
- Runways, wheels, and brakes
- Crane structure and electrical systems
- Drive machinery and hoist equipment
- 818 Overhead Crane Inspection Course includes 1 day of hands-on training
You will receive:
- Course workbook
- Inspection Mirror
- OSHA Guide
- Safety Standards Reference Sheet
- Baseball Cap
- Inspector Card (Upon Passing - Valid for 2 Years)