Overhead Crane Inspection Course - Live Webinar - 3 Days
This popular crane inspection course covers a wide variety of crane configurations. Participants receive a working knowledge of all pertinent regulatory agency requirements.
Keystone Steel & Wire Scott A.
This course was very informative to me and the instructor was very good at his job.
Thank you for the information. I learned a lot of the do's and don'ts.
Nothelfer Gilman,Inc. Carol C.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Trainer's ability to present material
in an easily understandable practical methodology.
Phelps Dodge Scott C.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Class interaction working with the
other people in the class.
Cedar Bay Generating DC
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Although having some
knowledge of rigging practices previously, this course gave detail info on how to size rigging devices for various loads.
ADM Bio Products Jason G.
It was very well taught. I did not know much about cranes now I feel I have the
tools to help teach fellow employees.
Crane Inspection Training for Overhead and Underhung Configurations
This popular crane inspection course covers a wide variety of overhead and underhung crane configurations. Participants receive a working knowledge of all pertinent regulatory agency requirements. Attendees may participate in an optional written evaluation following the seminar. Those who successfully pass the written evaluation will be issued a wallet-size Crane Inspection card with photo, valid for 2 years. There is no additional charge for this testing and card.
Who should attend:
Crane maintenance personnel, electricians, mechanics, mill wrights, inspectors, maintenance supervisors, foremen, facilities engineers, or anyone else connected with your maintenance or safety program.
- Perform inspections in accordance with all pertinent codes and regulations
- Understand and interpret applicable sections of OSHA Title 29 regulations (OSHA 29CFR)
- Have a working knowledge of ANSI/ASME Standard B30
- Recognize and perform required record keeping
- Be able to perform consistent, comprehensive crane inspections
- Crane types and service classifications
- General inspection requirements
- General crane safety and housekeeping
- Hazards / shutdown conditions
- Runways, wheels, and brakes
- Crane structure and electrical systems
- Drive machinery and hoist equipment
- Please Note: (Our 818 Course is 4 days and includes 1 day of hands on training).
You will receive:
- Course workbook
- Inspection Mirror
- OSHA Guide
- Safety Standards Reference Sheet
- Baseball Cap
- Inspector Certification Card (Upon Passing - Valid for 2 Years)