700SP (Self-Paced) Overhead Crane Operation and Safety
Purchase of this course allows you one tuition for our online Overhead Crane Inspection Refresher Course. Within 72 hours after your payment has been received, you will receive via e-mail, a specific user Id and password for the online training program which takes approximately 3 to 5 hours to complete. The testing is included in the program and upon completion of the Web-based portion of the course students will be directed to contact Konecranes Training Institute to schedule the Practical portion of the course. An instructor will be scheduled and assigned to observe and coach the student in completion of a “pre-operation check” as well as “operation” of your facility crane. This Practical observation can be completed via live video conference or by scheduling a local Konecranes Representative to complete at your facility.
Electro-MotiveDiesels, Inc. Sandy I.
It was covered from a Manufacturers point and they are to this subject the best.
Very well done, next time call ahead to make arrangements for hands-on lab training. This can be set up for you.
Trane Richard B.
Very good instructor, cares and understands the value of safety and what damage it
causes. (I liked…) the instructor’s knowledge and ability to listen and answer questions.
Freeport McMoRanMining William B.
Ease of instruction, was presented in very good learning atmosphere.
Nucor Steel Dan D.
(The instructor) did an excellent job. He involved everyone and the atmosphere
was relaxed and educational. I have learned a lot and this course will help me become a better operator.
Ormat Paul B.
((Instructor's) experience and real life situations that he shared with us.
This course is geared for the crane operator and the supervisory personnel responsible for the daily operation and safe performance of cranes. The course covers major crane components, safe operating practices, daily checklists, communications, and operator inspections per OSHA, documentation requirements, and hands on demonstrations. Each participant will have the opportunity to perform an actual pre-operation inspection that is required by OSHA.
- Bridge Crane Components Identification
- Describe various crane control methods
- Define the common contactor control methods
- Emergency Stop – What it is and when to use it.
- Pre-operational check and inspection
- Define the elements of a Functional Test Inspection
- Pre-Operational Check
- Functional Test Inspection
- Safety Labels
- Inspection Items
- Crane Operation
- Capacity Ratings of various load attachments or below the hook lifting devices
- 5 Cardinal Rules of a Safe and Efficient Operator
- Identify safety guidelines for handling bridge and trolley motion travel
- Describe load swing and how to stop it
- Handling the Load
- Identify Best Practices for handling the load of overhead and gantry cranes
- Rated Capacity
- Operator Responsibilities
- Review of OSHA & ASME standards for Handling the Load
- Standard Overhead Crane Signals
- Identify Standard Crane Hand Signals
- Describe the Responsibilities of the Crane Operator
- Identify how to disconnect a crane in the event of a stop button issue
- Do’s and Don’ts of Crane Operation