Static Stepless Setup and Troubleshooting - 4.5 Days
Static Stepless is a solid state, secondary reactor control system for overhead cranes. This crane course focuses on practical information for set-up, troubleshooting and component replacement on the control system.
Alcoa Rick D.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Knowledge of Rigging & Load angle
Aztec Mach & repair Scott M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Material used.
FreightCar America Eric P.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Everything.
Exxon Mobil Drew D.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) All of it
Goodman Mfg. Kery H.
(What did you like most about the seminar...) Information regarding safety.
Static Stepless is a solid state, secondary reactor control system for overhead cranes. The course focuses on practical information for set-up, troubleshooting and component replacement on the control system. This crane course includes classroom and lab exercises to reinforce the lesson plan.
Students can take a written and practical exam to earn a certification card on the last day for $295 per student. Certification is valid for three (3) years
- Understand the functions of all major system components
- Use schematic diagrams to analyze and troubleshoot the electrical system
- Understand the procedures used to test for proper operation
- Explain proper set up and adjustment procedures for the system
- Identify and correct motor problems
- Learn proper use of test equipment
- Trouble shoot hoist and traverse (bridge & trolley) controls systems
- Protective features
- A.C. to D.C. rectification
- Wound rotor motors and Magnetorque operation
- Magnetic amplifiers
- Modules and circuits
- Ancillary components
- Functional Tests
- Control Module Tests
- Resistance checks
- Voltage checks
- Tour of motor and magnetorque manufacturing facility
Contact our Crane Training Center for more information, questions or special requests.