Static Stepless Setup and Troubleshooting - 4.5 Days
Static Stepless is a solid state, secondary reactor control system for overhead cranes. This crane course focuses on practical information for set-up, troubleshooting and component replacement on the control system.
Trane Richard B.
Very good instructor, cares and understands the value of safety and what damage it
causes. (I liked…) the instructor’s knowledge and ability to listen and answer questions.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) The information.
L3 Comm Heather G.
The instructor did a great job of allowing group discussion, but kept it on topic
and relevant. He also had a great real world experience to add to discussions and presentations.
North AmericanStainless Del H.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Learning more about the brakes on cranes.
Phelps Dodge Ralph B.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) The instructor had answers to just about every? And was easy going in a professional manner.
Static Stepless is a solid state, secondary reactor control system for overhead cranes. The course focuses on practical information for set-up, troubleshooting and component replacement on the control system. This crane course includes classroom and lab exercises to reinforce the lesson plan.
Students can take a written and practical exam to earn a certification card on the last day for $295 per student. Certification is valid for three (3) years
- Understand the functions of all major system components
- Use schematic diagrams to analyze and troubleshoot the electrical system
- Understand the procedures used to test for proper operation
- Explain proper set up and adjustment procedures for the system
- Identify and correct motor problems
- Learn proper use of test equipment
- Trouble shoot hoist and traverse (bridge & trolley) controls systems
- Protective features
- A.C. to D.C. rectification
- Wound rotor motors and Magnetorque operation
- Magnetic amplifiers
- Modules and circuits
- Ancillary components
- Functional Tests
- Control Module Tests
- Resistance checks
- Voltage checks
- Tour of motor and magnetorque manufacturing facility
Contact our Crane Training Center for more information, questions or special requests.