Overhead Crane Electrical Maintenance - 2 Days
This electrical crane maintenance training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of A.C. crane controls including A.C. full magnetic and adjustable frequency drives and is considered the basic orientation to electrical maintenance.
Ariel Safety & Training Jim M.
It was appreciative that time was taken to answer questions. All questions were
answered with knowledge and skill. Reference material was well used to reinforce the "why" of what an overhead crane operator is responsible for.
Lafarge NorthAmerica James C.
We were pleased with the training and saw an improved reliability of crane operations with the trained operators.
V&M Star Dan C.
The course was very instructive and taught me things I did not know. It was well
worth the time.
Trane Richard B.
Very good instructor, cares and understands the value of safety and what damage it
causes. (I liked…) the instructor’s knowledge and ability to listen and answer questions.
Phelps Dodge Charles A.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Full involvement.
Crane Training on Electrical Maintenance
This crane maintenance training course is offered in various cities throughout the U.S. and Canada. This crane training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of AC crane controls including AC full magnetic and adjustable frequency drives and is considered the basic orientation to electrical crane maintenance.
- Identify the function and operation of single speed, two speed, step type, secondary reactor and adjustable frequency A.C. crane controls
- Analyze power and control circuits
- Identify problematic motor symptoms and correct their causes
- Perform control system inspections, tests and adjustments
- Analyze operating characteristics for troubleshooting control system failures
- Test, adjust and troubleshoot control components
- Understand how the plugging, overload and travel limit protection circuits operate individually and in combination
- Perform brake electrical inspections, tests, adjustments and trouble shooting
- Perform electrical inspections
- Perform electrical preventive maintenance procedures
- Overhead Crane Electrical Safety
- Overhead Crane Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Tools
- OHMs Law
- AC Motors
- Wound Rotor Motors
- DC Motors
- Motor Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Power Distribution
- Crane Electrical Components
- Fuses & Circuit Breakers
- Motor Overload
- Mechanical & Electrical Interlocks
- Transformers & Rectifier
- Limit Switches
- Motor Thermistors
- Brakes & Electric Load Brake - Magnetorque (TM)
- Master Controller, Radio Controls & Crane Pendants
- PLC & Crane Monitoring Equipment
- Crane Overload Limiter
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Basic Speed Control
- Hands-On Student Labs
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility