Impulse Series VFD Controls - 3 Days
This important overhead crane course will help increase your crane uptime and show how to read and understand VFD drive faults. The Smartorque control is a state-of-the-art scaler and flux vector drive for overhead cranes.
USS Mfg Gary K.
Method of teaching (informal)
Esco Steel Mill Bill J.
The Instructor had a great way of explaining the content of the course.
Tilden Mine Justin G.
(The) instructor was very knowledgeable, was open to questions
USEC Inc. Jerry S.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Hands on. Removing brakes and parts and re-assembly
Metal Technologies Brian K.
I thought the training was great and very good hands-on.
The Smartorque control is a state-of-the-art scaler and flux vector drive for overhead cranes. This course begins with the fundamentals of adjustable frequency drives, then educates participants on the system specific details. This crane training uses is a combination of classroom and laboratory work.
- Understand crane and inverter safety considerations
- Learn the fundamentals of adjustable frequency drives
- Learn normal operating characteristics
- Learn drive programming procedures
- Interpret symptoms and learn to use test equipment in order to localize faults
- Theory of operation
- Safety, protective features
- Squirrel cage motors
- Circuits and component layout
- Controls and operation
- Troubleshooting and repair
- Review extensive software diagnostics
- Review extensive program parameters