Impulse Series VFD Controls - 3 Days
This important overhead crane course will help increase your crane uptime and show how to read and understand VFD drive faults. The Smartorque control is a state-of-the-art scaler and flux vector drive for overhead cranes.
Gerdau Ameristeel Robert H.
(What I liked about the seminar was….) Learning more about mechanics on
cranes, Magnetorque™ and wire rope inspections, etc. Instructor did a great job instructing the class. It would be wise to put every crane operator thru this course, because of safety reasons. The more crane operators receive more knowledge about cranes the better they would be.
Walker Die Cast Gregory B.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Getting to meet new people and
listening to their stories.
Phelps Dodge Arthur G.
The pace and informal setting was good for all involved regardless of individuals
Harsco Rail Andy M.
(The instructor) really made the course interesting where it could have been boring.
Timet Quinn O.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Interaction, knowledge.
The Smartorque control is a state-of-the-art scaler and flux vector drive for overhead cranes. This course begins with the fundamentals of adjustable frequency drives, then educates participants on the system specific details. This crane training uses is a combination of classroom and laboratory work.
- Understand crane and inverter safety considerations
- Learn the fundamentals of adjustable frequency drives
- Learn normal operating characteristics
- Learn drive programming procedures
- Interpret symptoms and learn to use test equipment in order to localize faults
- Theory of operation
- Safety, protective features
- Squirrel cage motors
- Circuits and component layout
- Controls and operation
- Troubleshooting and repair
- Review extensive software diagnostics
- Review extensive program parameters