This all-inclusive, 4-day crane training seminar will provide an understanding of the basic field service and maintenance requirements for Demag cranes, wire rope and chain hoists, endtrucks, motors, reducers and KBK track systems.
US Army Corps of Eng. John A.
I thought this was the best course I have had for inspection. (The Instructor)
verbally explained item(s) I didn't understand. I think the hotel arrangements were excellent and travel was easy.
Wheelabrator Mitchell K.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) How parts are made, and that’s why you don't have it on the shelves. Thank you very much, it was great here.
Toromont Energy Marilyn H.
Being able to get out on the shop and view parts that we learned about. (The
instructor) was great.
O'Neal Steel Joanne M.
Although the material in the course was technical, it was presented so that it was not difficult to understand.
Nucor Steel Mark S.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Hands on.
This is an all-inclusive seminar that covers the vast majority of the Demag hoists, motors and crane components supplied to the USA market. This is a practical hands-on seminar integrated with lectures about the products and service considerations. Proper service is emphasized for both wire rope and chain hoists. The latest and previously available hoist models are covered, making this seminar ideal for service technicians who routinely see all types and eras of Demag equipment.
- Rope Hoists Covered: DMR, DR Pro, DR Bas, DR COM, DH and P
- Chain Hoists Covered: DC, DK and PK
- Motors Covered: ZB, KB, KM, KD, PF
Other topics covered: Basic IDAPSY Software, PARCOM Software for D drives troubleshooting, and any new products as they are introduced.
This Demag Crane Service Seminar Course is a pre-requisite fo the Demag Crane Inspection Seminar and for the Advanced IDAPSY Software Seminar. It is also the pre-requisite training necessary for purchasing a basic IDAPSY Software License.
- Cranes: End Trucks, Girders, Trolleys, Wheels and Wheelblocks.
- Brakemotors: ZBR, ZBV, KB, KD, and PF
- Gearboxes: FG, A, AF and DH Planetary.
- Wire Rope Hoists: DMR, DR, DH and P Hoist Models
- Mechanical overview including thrust rockers.
- Wire rope, hooks, sheaves, attachments and rope guide.
- Hoist limit switcch settings and adjustments.
- Bottom block and hook inspection and disassembly.
- Hoist motor brake check, cahnge and adjustment.
- Setting of brake microswitch.
- Radio addresses and control pendant self-check.
- EPROM and circuit board changeout.
- Software: IDAPSY Basic, PARCOM and Status Control
- IDAPSY Basic, Screens and Error-Codes for service.
- ID Run, Error-codes and PARCOM software for inverter drives.
- Chain Hoists: DC, DCS, DK & PK
- KBK Track, Trolleys and Components.
- Mechanical and Electrical Service and Troubleshooting Procedures.
1. This course is conducted at the Demag Training Center in Solon (Cleveland), OH. Course hours are 8:30 am to 4:45 pm Eastern Time.
2. We reserve the right to cancel any session at any time.
3. Lunches are provided during the seminar. Students are responsible for airfare, hotel, transportation and per diem expenses.