Demag Crane Inspection Seminar - 3 Days
This seminar focuses on proper inspection methods for Demag cranes. This 3-day crane class provides inspectors with a practical understanding of OSHA, ANSI/ASME B30, and CMAA codes with an emphasis on how to apply them to Demag cranes. Manufacturer’s requirements and criteria are also covered.
Phelps Dodge Brandon S.
(What did you like most about the seminar…) The pace of the class, the instructor's knowledge and experience.
Boeing Eric C.
Information was something I can use directly with my job and prepares me for the things I need to be aware of.
Freeport McMoRan Tom H.
What I liked most about the seminar was the videos and pictures.
General Motors Bryan L.
Student & instructor interaction encouraged. Picked up valuable information from others experiences
WE Energies Tom P.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Work book exercises.
Inspectors receive a set of standards to apply to their inpsection method. The Demag Crane Inspection Seminar emphasizes understnaidng and implementing compliance requirements. There is time allotted for hands-on trainign and practice with real world inspection findings.
Service and maintenance technicians required to perform inspections should attend this seminar. Familiarity with the mechanical and electrical aspects of Demag equipment is a prerequisite. Attending the Demag Crane Service Seminar automatically meets this prerequisite. It may be waived based on the on an individual's experience level. Participants must pass a comprehensive written exam on the third day to receive their certificate.
- Crane Safety in Industry
- Developing a Crane Safety Program
- Reports, Forms & Recordkeeping
- Time Interval between Inspections
- Pre-Inspection Procedures
- Compliance with Codes and Standards
- Application of OSHA Regulations.
- Application of ANSI/ASME B30 Standards and CMAA Spec. 78 Guidelines
Demag Specific Topics Covered:
- Demag Manufacturer's Requirements
- Wear Limits and Measuring Criteria
- Wire Rope and Sheave Inspection
- Inspection Findings Practice
- Special Demag Procedures for Inspections
- Opportunity for Hands-On Learning
- Examination - Administered at end of class.
- Manufacturer's Training Certificate Issued
1. This course is conducted at the Demag Training Center in Solon (Cleveland), OH. Course hours are 8:30 am to 4:45 pm Eastern Time.
2. We reserve the right to cancel any session at any time.
3. Lunches are provided during the seminar. Students are responsible for airfare, hotel, transportation and per diem expenses.