Online Overhead Crane Inspection Training Refresher - Self-Paced (3-5 Hours)
PRE-REQUISITE: 818, 819, or 820 taken within the last 2 years.
Register for the December date and you will be able to start the course right away! It means register ANY TIME BEFORE December 31, 2020
Precise Tool David L.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Small classroom, well organized.
Tilden Mine Jim M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) references.
Nucor Steel Mark S.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Hands on.
North AmericanStainless Brad W.
The material will help in the field
Nucor Steel Michael W.
Good atmosphere - hands on
This purchase allows you one tuition for our online Overhead Crane Inspection Refresher Course.
Within 24 hours after your payment has been received, you will receive via e-mail, a specific user Id and password for the online training program which takes approximately 3 to 5 hours to complete. We will also verify your eligibility for the online renewal.
The testing is included in the program and upon successful completion you will receive an updated certificate and will be mailed a new Inspection Card valid for two years.
Eligible Students: For Past Attendees of our Crane Inspection Training Class or our Crane Inspection Refresher Training Class whom are not more than 6 months expired.
This self-paced online overhead crane training course is for past attendees whose Crane Inspection cards are at or near expiration. (Inspection cards are valid for two years after the date of issue.) The online students will review any regulatory agency requirement changes, record keeping and new or different inspection criteria/techniques. A written midterm and final multiple choice exam is administered and those passing (75% and above) will be issued a new inspection card with photo.
Students should have their course books provided at their initial crane inspection course available to them to review during each lesson and the exams. ASME B30.2 - 2011, CMAA #70 & #74 and OSHA 1910.179 are also helpful.
- Crane inspection- all pertinent codes and regulations
- Understand and interpret applicable sections of OSHA Title 29 regulations
- Working knowledge of ANSI/ASME Standard B30
- Recognize and perform record keeping
- Introduction - Crane Overview
- Controller and Cab Structures
- Runway Structural Support Inspections
- Runway and Rail Inspection
- Wheels Inspection
- Bridge Inspection - Mid Course Exam
- Trolley Inspection
- Hooks / Load Blocks / Sheaves / Grapples / Buckets and Proper Reeving
- Electrical Items
- Brakes - Mechanical, Disc, Eddy Current and Shoe.
- Wire Rope and Load Chain
- Operation of Crane Control - Final Exam