You are here

Konecranes Training Institute: A Timeline of our History

A timeline of the Konecranes Training Institute

  • 1884 – Alonzo Pawling & Henry Harnischfeger formed a Pattern & Machine shop in Milwaukee, WI.
  • 1888 – Pawling and Harnischfeger with A.J. Shaw – built the first Electric Overhead Traveling Crane.
  • 1910 – Kone Corporation was founded as an Electric Motor Repair shop in Finland.
  • 1911 – Alonzo Pawling left the company due to illness and was renamed Harnischfeger. (the established P&H® trademark continued).
  • 1933 – Kone started to build sizeable Electric Overhead Traveling Cranes.
  • 1962 – The Harnischfeger Institute was founded, which later became the P&H® Institute and most recently the Konecranes Training Institute. In early days the Institute specialized in Mobile Cranes, Overhead Cranes and Mining Shovels.
  • 1975 - The Institute moved to it's location for the next 42 years on 163rd Street and Cleveland Ave in New Berlin, WI.
  • 1998 – P&H® Material Handling is sold and its name changed to Morris Material Handling.
  • 2006 – Konecranes purchased Morris Material Handling.
  • 2010 – The P&H® Institute is renamed the Konecranes Training Institute.
  • 2011 – New website www.cranetrainingu.com is launched. Over 40 different courses offered covering Overhead Cranes and Mobile Cranes.
  • 2012 - Offered webinar training for our Rigging Fundamentals Course.
  • 2013 – We have increased our capabilities for Spanish Training and now offer Operator Training for cranes in French too.
  • 2017 - We are now able to offer Demag Crane & Component Courses available in Solon, OH.
  • 2017 - Launched our First On-Line Training Course.
  • 2017 - November - Konecranes Training Institute moved into our new location on Emmer Drive in New Berlin, WI - Grand Opening Celebration marked the event.
Content bottom