Overhead Crane Mechanical Maintenance - 4 Days
This 4-day crane maintenance training course is a must for your Maintenance Departments Mechanical staff and provides standardized criteria to evaluate and correct structural, drive machinery and hoist problems on overhead cranes.
Underwriters Lab Jennifer
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Interaction between everyone.
New Page Paul T.
Class was helpful for me. Not ever being in the the crane industry before.
Cedar Bay Generating Joseph B.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Real world talk, not unrealistic, reading from book. Instructor has experience and knowhow about job.
Gerdau Ameristeel Victor M.
(What I liked about the seminar was…) The instructor. I enjoyed the time I spent
Montenay Power Tristian G.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) We stay(ed) on topic.
This popular crane training course provides standardized criteria to evaluate and correct structural, drive machinery and hoist problems on overhead cranes. Participants learn how to setup comprehensive preventive crane maintenance programs.
Students will work in our hands-on lab on actual crane and hoist components. A tour of a crane parts manufacturing plant is included.
- Learn to isolate causes of abnormal tracking
- Determine causes of abnormal component wear
- Learn component replacement criteria
- Learn replacement and adjustment procedures
- Determine needed preventive maintenance items and intervals
- Introduction – Safety, Service Classifications, Terminology
- Crane tracking
- Bridge & Trolley wheels
- Crane structure - girders & end trucks
- Drive and hoist machinery -Gearing, Couplings & Drums
- Bottom Blocks, hooks, sheaves and wire rope
- Brakes - Electric & Mechanical Load Brakes
- Brake Adjustments
- Preventive Maintenance Programs
- Tour of a crane parts manufacturing plant
Contact our Crane Training Center for questions or special requests.