Overhead Crane Mechanical Maintenance - 4 Days
This 4-day crane maintenance training course is a must for your Maintenance Departments Mechanical staff and provides standardized criteria to evaluate and correct structural, drive machinery and hoist problems on overhead cranes.
Central Arizona Project Ed P.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Received a good understanding
of rating slings at different angles.
Nucor Steel Steven B.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Better informed now, very good
Quality ElectricSteel Casting Conley W.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Crane safety points.
American PlantServices Alvin B.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) How well informed the instructor was on certain things about class and cranes.
Cummins EmissionSolutions Duane T.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) The part of understanding the rigging calculations.
This popular crane training course provides standardized criteria to evaluate and correct structural, drive machinery and hoist problems on overhead cranes. Participants learn how to setup comprehensive preventive crane maintenance programs.
Students will work in our hands-on lab on actual crane and hoist components. A tour of a crane parts manufacturing plant is included.
- Learn to isolate causes of abnormal tracking
- Determine causes of abnormal component wear
- Learn component replacement criteria
- Learn replacement and adjustment procedures
- Determine needed preventive maintenance items and intervals
- Introduction – Safety, Service Classifications, Terminology
- Crane tracking
- Bridge & Trolley wheels
- Crane structure - girders & end trucks
- Drive and hoist machinery -Gearing, Couplings & Drums
- Bottom Blocks, hooks, sheaves and wire rope
- Brakes - Electric & Mechanical Load Brakes
- Brake Adjustments
- Preventive Maintenance Programs
- Tour of a crane parts manufacturing plant
Contact our Crane Training Center for questions or special requests.