Overhead Crane Mechanical Maintenance - 4 Days
This 4-day crane maintenance training course is a must for your Maintenance Departments Mechanical staff and provides standardized criteria to evaluate and correct structural, drive machinery and hoist problems on overhead cranes.
CMC Steel Kenneth A.
Information on the equipment I use everyday and better respect for what it does.
Boeing Gary M.
(The Instructor) is doing a great job and one of the best, if not the best classes, I've had at my company in 20 years!
Los Alamos Mark S.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) The relation of the information to inspection.
Visteon Mark B.
Very enjoyable. Time goes by quickly and keeps your attention. Thank You.
Lockheed Martin Seth P.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) The proximity of the shop-we just
walked out to look at things that were otherwise difficult to explain. The hands on. Also the tours on Thursday were fantastic. Particularly the guys who toured us through the Winsor and Watertown facilities were extremely knowledgeable and
took their time.
This popular crane training course provides standardized criteria to evaluate and correct structural, drive machinery and hoist problems on overhead cranes. Participants learn how to setup comprehensive preventive crane maintenance programs.
Students will work in our hands-on lab on actual crane and hoist components. A tour of a crane parts manufacturing plant is included.
- Learn to isolate causes of abnormal tracking
- Determine causes of abnormal component wear
- Learn component replacement criteria
- Learn replacement and adjustment procedures
- Determine needed preventive maintenance items and intervals
- Introduction – Safety, Service Classifications, Terminology
- Crane tracking
- Bridge & Trolley wheels
- Crane structure - girders & end trucks
- Drive and hoist machinery -Gearing, Couplings & Drums
- Bottom Blocks, hooks, sheaves and wire rope
- Brakes - Electric & Mechanical Load Brakes
- Brake Adjustments
- Preventive Maintenance Programs
- Tour of a crane parts manufacturing plant
Contact our Crane Training Center for questions or special requests.