Overhead Crane Mechanical Maintenance - 4 Days
This 4-day crane maintenance training course is a must for your Maintenance Departments Mechanical staff and provides standardized criteria to evaluate and correct structural, drive machinery and hoist problems on overhead cranes.
US Bureau ofReclamation Roger S.
What I liked most about the seminar was...) The facility was well suited and
PDM Tim P.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Had good information.
Wheelabrator Dan R.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Good material.
Marathon Oil Don E.
Practical - Good Course!
Plum BrookOperations Don G.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Information, convenience, comfortable location.
This popular crane training course provides standardized criteria to evaluate and correct structural, drive machinery and hoist problems on overhead cranes. Participants learn how to setup comprehensive preventive crane maintenance programs.
Students will work in our hands-on lab on actual crane and hoist components. A tour of a crane parts manufacturing plant is included.
- Learn to isolate causes of abnormal tracking
- Determine causes of abnormal component wear
- Learn component replacement criteria
- Learn replacement and adjustment procedures
- Determine needed preventive maintenance items and intervals
- Introduction – Safety, Service Classifications, Terminology
- Crane tracking
- Bridge & Trolley wheels
- Crane structure - girders & end trucks
- Drive and hoist machinery -Gearing, Couplings & Drums
- Bottom Blocks, hooks, sheaves and wire rope
- Brakes - Electric & Mechanical Load Brakes
- Brake Adjustments
- Preventive Maintenance Programs
- Tour of a crane parts manufacturing plant
Contact our Crane Training Center for questions or special requests.