R2 Advanced Rigging & Rigging Inspection - 2 Days
This 2-day rigging training course is for people with prior rigging experience.
Aztec Mach & repair Scott M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Material used.
Phelps Dodge Matt M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) How good the instructor's
knowledge of the overhead crane was.
WE Energies Tom P.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Work book exercises.
Timet Scott B.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Rigging and crane safety portions.
Course was very well structured and informative.
Spacesaver Donald S.
The information will be very useful. I am very pleased with the instructors’ ability to help get the point across and understand the information. I will be looking
forward to returning for more continued education.
Rigging Training and Inspection for Those with Prior Experience
This advanced rigging training is designed as a classroom and hands-on program.
This course covers all the OSHA/ASME requirements for overhead crane operation including the reasons behind the requirements. The course begins with rigging training fundamentals, such as, identification of major crane components. This rigging training will focus on the safe and proper crane operation. **Hands-on rigging loads with unusual center of gravity.** Course lengths will vary depending on the specific type of customer needs.
- Identify all major crane components
- Explain the function of major components
- Explain and use recommended hand signals
- Explain and apply all recommended safety procedures
- Perform all recommended operating procedures
- Correctly make precision lifts
- Understand crane control operations (AC or DC)
- ASME B30 regulations and OSHA rigging standards.
- Inspection of Rigging Equipment
- Inspection Records
- Slings & BTH
- Wire Rope Slings
- Metal Mesh Slings
- Synthetic Rope Slings
- Synthetic Webbed Slings
- Below the hook lifting devices
- Rigging Hardware
- Hoist Rings & Swivel Hoist Rings
- Lifting Scales and Dynamometers
- Snatch blocks
- Plate Clamps
- Manual lever operate hoists, and Hand Operated Hoists
- Lift plans based on student's actual environments.
- Advanced rigging calculations will include turning loads and center of gravity for irregular loads.
- Rigging inspection will include hands-on with positive and negative examples.