Nuclear Crane Regulations and Risk Management - 2 Days
This 2-day crane nuclear training course is designed for facilities that lift in nuclear environments and will give supervisors, plant managers, facility managers & safety managers information on OSHA and ASME B30 requirements for Overhead Crane Operation including the reasons behind the requirements.
Marathon Oil Joe H.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Calculations and examples.
Tamco Steel Phillip M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Power point presentation; video
clips; actual visual aids. Keep doing the great job.
Rocky Mountain SteelMills Gene V.
Considerable knowledge on part of the instructor and his ability to answer all
Allied Tube & Conduit Aaron F.
Showed that just because strap capacity is above weight of load that still might
not be enough.
This crane nuclear training course gives supervisors, plant managers, facility managers & safety managers information on OSHA and ASME B30 requirements for Overhead Crane Operation including the reasons behind the requirements.
Good management practices are discussed in detail as well as some accident investigations.
- Identify applicable federal rules and regulations pertaining to material handling
- Identify nuclear regulations pertaining to cranes and hoists
- Describe proper operation of overhead cranes
- Determine responsibilities of personnel associated with overhead cranes
- Describe liability for personnel and equipment
- Identify rejection criteria for equipment
- List required inspections and their periodicity
- Near miss and accident investigations
- Discuss record keeping requirements
- Discuss new procedures and equipment available for Nuclear Operations
- Rigging standards – Slings (Kevlar vs others)
- NUREG 0612 – Control of heavy loads at nuclear power plants
- Single failure proof technology
- What to consider for a maintenance program / inspections /planned obsolescence