Fall Protection Competent Person - 3 Days
This 3-day training is a must for anyone responsible for the supervision of employees working at height and those charged with identifying, evaluating, and addressing potential fall hazards and taking prompt corrective action to address such hazards.
Tilden Mine Justin G.
(The) instructor was very knowledgeable, was open to questions
Voeller Mixers Robert S.
(I) learned more than I would have ever thought.
North AmericanStainless Del H.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Learning more about the brakes on cranes.
Esco Steel Mill Dan B.
The relaxed schedule & interaction of the group.
Sandvik Materials Doug P.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Knowledge of the instructor.
This course, facilitated by fall protection experts from LJB Inc., covers the fall protection Competent Person responsibilities defined in ANSI/ASSP Z359.2-2017. LJB does not manufacture, sell or distribute fall protection equipment, so our instruction provides unbiased information about the selection, use and limitations of equipment for hazard abatement.
Students will complete exercises on the elements of a managed fall protection program, including hazard identiﬁcation and control. In addition,students will practice harness ﬁtting, equipment use and inspection, fall clearance calculation, and creation of use procedures. Students will also complete a knowledge check to demonstrate understanding of all concepts introduced in the course. While only their employer may designate the student as a Competent Person for their organization, students will be provided a completion certiﬁcate and 2.4 continuing education units (CEUs).
• Deﬁne the OSHA regulations and ANSI standards pertaining to fall protection
• Identify the elements of a managed fall protection program, as deﬁned in ANSI/ASSP Z359.2-2017
• Identify fall hazards, assess hazard risk, and prioritize the hazards for abatement
• Describe each of the major elements of an active fall protection system
• Identify fall protection anchorage requirements for given scenarios
• Demonstrate proper ﬁt of a full-body harness
• Describe the use, restrictions, and limitations of connecting means
• Calculate the clearance required to prevent a worker form striking an object, or the ground
• Describe the importance of planning for prompt rescue when workers are usingactive fall protection systems
• Describe the use, restrictions, and limitations of some common rescue equipment
• Identify discrepancies in sample fall protection system equipment component(s)
• Create a written system use and rescue procedure that meets the standard deﬁned in ANSI/ASSP Z359.2-2017
• Describe considerations when using horizontal lifelines, mobile elevated work platforms, and scaﬀolding
• Managed Fall Protection
• Fall Hazard Survey
• Active Fall Protection System Equipment
• Fall Protection Equipment Inspection
• System Use and Rescue Procedures
• Horizontal Lifeline
• Mobile elevated work platforms (MEWPs)