Fall Protection Authorized Person - 1 Day
This 1-day training is a must for anyone required to perform work at locations where they are exposed to fall hazards or use fall protection equipment.
Conoco Phillips Joe Y.
Everything was very good.
Alcoa Bob S.
The knowledge of OSHA regulation and being able to adapt to this group!
ArcelorMittal Steel Gary S.
Being able to discuss with instructer about specific situations in our plant
Nucor Steel Erik G.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Calculation of loads
USEC Inc. Dave T.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Hands on, actually working and
seeing helped a lot.
This course, facilitated by fall protection experts from LJB Inc., covers the fall protection Authorized Person responsibilities deﬁned in the ANSI/ASSP Z359.2-2017 standard. LJB does not manufacture, sell or distribute fall protection equipment, so our instruction provides unbiased information about the selection, use and limitations of equipment for hazard abatement.
Students will complete exercises on hazard identiﬁcation and control, as well as practice harness ﬁtting and equipment use and inspection. Students will also complete a knowledge check to demonstrate understanding of the concepts introduced in the course. While only their employer may designate the student as an Authorized Person for their organization,students will be provided with a completion certiﬁcate and 0.8 continuing education units (CEUs).
• Deﬁne the OSHA regulations and ANSI standards pertaining to fall protection
• List the elements of a managed fall protection program, as deﬁned in ANSI/ASSP Z359.2-2017
• Recognize fall hazards
• Describe methods of fall hazard abatement, based on the hierarchy of controls
•Demonstrate the ability to properly use active fall protection systems
• Identify discrepancies in sample fall protection system equipment components
• Describe the importance of calculating the clearance required to prevent a worker from striking an object or the ground
• Find instructions contained within an active fall protection system use and rescue procedure
• Managed Fall Protection
• Fall Hazard Recognition and Control•Active Fall Protection System Equipment
• Fall Protection Equipment Inspection
• Fall Clearance Calculation
• System Use and Rescue Procedures