Gerdau Ameristeel Clifford H.
(What I liked about the seminar was…) Technical information about the subject.
Nucor Steel Daniel P.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) How to teach a class and interact with students.
Harsco Rail Brian K.
I enjoyed the course and got more out of it than I thought!
REC Silicon Scott D.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Weight calculations, rigging
PDM Greg J.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Instructor’s interaction with students.
This course, facilitated by fall protection experts from LJB Inc., covers the fall protection Authorized Person responsibilities deﬁned in the ANSI/ASSP Z359.2-2017 standard. LJB does not manufacture, sell or distribute fall protection equipment, so our instruction provides unbiased information about the selection, use and limitations of equipment for hazard abatement.
Students will complete exercises on hazard identiﬁcation and control, as well as practice harness ﬁtting and equipment use and inspection. Students will also complete a knowledge check to demonstrate understanding of the concepts introduced in the course. While only their employer may designate the student as an Authorized Person for their organization,students will be provided with a completion certiﬁcate and 0.8 continuing education units (CEUs).
• Deﬁne the OSHA regulations and ANSI standards pertaining to fall protection
• List the elements of a managed fall protection program, as deﬁned in ANSI/ASSP Z359.2-2017
• Recognize fall hazards
• Describe methods of fall hazard abatement, based on the hierarchy of controls
•Demonstrate the ability to properly use active fall protection systems
• Identify discrepancies in sample fall protection system equipment components
• Describe the importance of calculating the clearance required to prevent a worker from striking an object or the ground
• Find instructions contained within an active fall protection system use and rescue procedure
• Managed Fall Protection
• Fall Hazard Recognition and Control•Active Fall Protection System Equipment
• Fall Protection Equipment Inspection
• Fall Clearance Calculation
• System Use and Rescue Procedures