Nucor Steel William B.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Hands on and plant tours.
Tesoro Enzio G.
Was entertaining with lots of information.
Cedar Bay Generating Joseph B.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Real world talk, not unrealistic, reading from book. Instructor has experience and knowhow about job.
Lafarge NorthAmerica James C.
We were pleased with the training and saw an improved reliability of crane operations with the trained operators.
Atlas Foundry Cody W.
Calculating the load Center of gravity. Very helpful & informative
This course, facilitated by fall protection experts from LJB Inc., covers the fall protection Authorized Person responsibilities deﬁned in the ANSI/ASSP Z359.2-2017 standard. LJB does not manufacture, sell or distribute fall protection equipment, so our instruction provides unbiased information about the selection, use and limitations of equipment for hazard abatement.
Students will complete exercises on hazard identiﬁcation and control, as well as practice harness ﬁtting and equipment use and inspection. Students will also complete a knowledge check to demonstrate understanding of the concepts introduced in the course. While only their employer may designate the student as an Authorized Person for their organization,students will be provided with a completion certiﬁcate and 0.8 continuing education units (CEUs).
• Deﬁne the OSHA regulations and ANSI standards pertaining to fall protection
• List the elements of a managed fall protection program, as deﬁned in ANSI/ASSP Z359.2-2017
• Recognize fall hazards
• Describe methods of fall hazard abatement, based on the hierarchy of controls
•Demonstrate the ability to properly use active fall protection systems
• Identify discrepancies in sample fall protection system equipment components
• Describe the importance of calculating the clearance required to prevent a worker from striking an object or the ground
• Find instructions contained within an active fall protection system use and rescue procedure
• Managed Fall Protection
• Fall Hazard Recognition and Control•Active Fall Protection System Equipment
• Fall Protection Equipment Inspection
• Fall Clearance Calculation
• System Use and Rescue Procedures