700SP (Self-Paced) Overhead Crane Operation and Safety
Purchase of this course allows you one tuition for our online Overhead Crane Inspection Refresher Course. Within 24 hours after your payment has been received, you will receive via e-mail, a specific user Id and password for the online training program which takes approximately 3 to 5 hours to complete. The testing is included in the program and upon completion of the Web-based portion of the course students will be directed to contact Konecranes Training Institute to schedule the Practical portion of the course. An instructor will be scheduled and assigned to observe and coach the student in completion of a “pre-operation check” as well as “operation” of your facility crane. This Practical observation can be completed via live video conference or by scheduling a local Konecranes Representative to complete at your facility.
Aztec Mach & repair Scott M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Material used.
Phelps Dodge Matt M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) How good the instructor's
knowledge of the overhead crane was.
WE Energies Tom P.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Work book exercises.
Timet Scott B.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Rigging and crane safety portions.
Course was very well structured and informative.
Spacesaver Donald S.
The information will be very useful. I am very pleased with the instructors’ ability to help get the point across and understand the information. I will be looking
forward to returning for more continued education.
This course is geared for the crane operator and the supervisory personnel responsible for the daily operation and safe performance of cranes. The course covers major crane components, safe operating practices, daily checklists, communications, and operator inspections per OSHA, documentation requirements, and hands on demonstrations. Each participant will have the opportunity to perform an actual pre-operation inspection that is required by OSHA.
- Bridge Crane Components Identification
- Describe various crane control methods
- Define the common contactor control methods
- Emergency Stop – What it is and when to use it.
- Pre-operational check and inspection
- Define the elements of a Functional Test Inspection
- Pre-Operational Check
- Functional Test Inspection
- Safety Labels
- Inspection Items
- Crane Operation
- Capacity Ratings of various load attachments or below the hook lifting devices
- 5 Cardinal Rules of a Safe and Efficient Operator
- Identify safety guidelines for handling bridge and trolley motion travel
- Describe load swing and how to stop it
- Handling the Load
- Identify Best Practices for handling the load of overhead and gantry cranes
- Rated Capacity
- Operator Responsibilities
- Review of OSHA & ASME standards for Handling the Load
- Standard Overhead Crane Signals
- Identify Standard Crane Hand Signals
- Describe the Responsibilities of the Crane Operator
- Identify how to disconnect a crane in the event of a stop button issue
- Do’s and Don’ts of Crane Operation