DC (Direct Current) Crane Control - 3 Days
This 3-day crane training course teaches the different methods of controlling D.C. motors as used on cranes.
Phelps Dodge Belva C.
Instructor was well prepared and informative. Learned a lot and will apply it to my
Exxon Mobil Bobby B.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Learning something new.
Tilden Mine Dan J.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Knowledgable instructor.
Phelps Dodge Steve G.
A lot of info how to train & help others
Wheelabrator Robert L.
In general the whole class was very informational. It will help us repair our crane.
The tour to the other facilities were very good.
This crane course teaches the different methods of controlling D.C. motors as used on cranes. Block diagrams of various manufacturers’ controls are utilized to explain the operation in a crane application. D.C. motor basics and preventive maintenance are also covered in detail. Additionally, this crane training course covers proper preventive maintenance procedures and alignment for D.C. motor controls.
- Understand D.C. characteristics, diode and SCR rectification
- Identify D.C. motor construction and perform maintenance
- Use system schematics to explain relay logic
- Properly text and adjust the electric control systems
- Troubleshoot the system to the faulty component
- General & Electrical Safety
- Electrical Theory - Power Distribution
- Ohm's Law & Kirchoff's Laws
- Series and Parallel Circuits
- DC Motors
- Motor Construction & Operation
- Series Wound & Shunt Wound Motors
- Inspection, Testing & Troubleshooting
- Inspection & Adjustment
- Brake Wheels
- Electrical Schematics & Diagrams
- Limit Switches & Motor control “power” circuits
- Acceleration controls circuits
- System testing and troubleshooting