Harley Davidson Gary D.
Instructor very good plus great sense of humor!
Vulcraft Joseph W.
Cranes are new to me! Great Class.
Northrop Grumman Jeffery T.
Very informative. The tour of P&H plants.
IPSCO Steel Douglas S.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) I learned a lot of things I didn't know, the instructor made me feel comfortable throughout the class.
Component BuildersLLC Rick H.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Small class size. Instructor was knowledgeable and easy to communicate with.
This crane course teaches the different methods of controlling D.C. motors as used on cranes. Block diagrams of various manufacturers’ controls are utilized to explain the operation in a crane application. D.C. motor basics and preventive maintenance are also covered in detail. Additionally, this crane training course covers proper preventive maintenance procedures and alignment for D.C. motor controls.
- Understand D.C. characteristics, diode and SCR rectification
- Identify D.C. motor construction and perform maintenance
- Use system schematics to explain relay logic
- Properly text and adjust the electric control systems
- Troubleshoot the system to the faulty component
- General & Electrical Safety
- Electrical Theory - Power Distribution
- Ohm's Law & Kirchoff's Laws
- Series and Parallel Circuits
- DC Motors
- Motor Construction & Operation
- Series Wound & Shunt Wound Motors
- Inspection, Testing & Troubleshooting
- Inspection & Adjustment
- Brake Wheels
- Electrical Schematics & Diagrams
- Limit Switches & Motor control “power” circuits
- Acceleration controls circuits
- System testing and troubleshooting