DC (Direct Current) Crane Control - 3 Days
This 3-day crane training course teaches the different methods of controlling D.C. motors as used on cranes.
Underwriters Lab Jennifer
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Interaction between everyone.
Ternium USA Jeremy L.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Hands on, tour of facilities.
Marathon Oil Shawn B.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Examples and work. The
Instructor's knowledge and was approachable.
National OilwellVarco Martin G.
Interesting facts about material, cranes and tools.
Tesoro Lucio M.
The instructor made it enjoyable.
This crane course teaches the different methods of controlling D.C. motors as used on cranes. Block diagrams of various manufacturers’ controls are utilized to explain the operation in a crane application. D.C. motor basics and preventive maintenance are also covered in detail. Additionally, this crane training course covers proper preventive maintenance procedures and alignment for D.C. motor controls.
- Understand D.C. characteristics, diode and SCR rectification
- Identify D.C. motor construction and perform maintenance
- Use system schematics to explain relay logic
- Properly text and adjust the electric control systems
- Troubleshoot the system to the faulty component
- General & Electrical Safety
- Electrical Theory - Power Distribution
- Ohm's Law & Kirchoff's Laws
- Series and Parallel Circuits
- DC Motors
- Motor Construction & Operation
- Series Wound & Shunt Wound Motors
- Inspection, Testing & Troubleshooting
- Inspection & Adjustment
- Brake Wheels
- Electrical Schematics & Diagrams
- Limit Switches & Motor control “power” circuits
- Acceleration controls circuits
- System testing and troubleshooting