Crane Control Fundamentals - 3 Days
This 3-day crane training course has helped students to better understand of AC and DC electrical crane controls. Students benefit from the theory and application of electrical crane control.
General Motors Tim C.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Information
Gerdau Ameristeel Ed H.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Instruction books and handouts,
Trane Clayton P.
Learned a lot of material in the course that will help further my operations in operating
a crane. The instructor was well prepared and knew the laws and regulations pertaining to the course. (The Instructor) was very helpful in all aspects.
Electro-MotiveDiesels, Inc. Sandy I.
It was covered from a Manufacturers point and they are to this subject the best.
Very well done, next time call ahead to make arrangements for hands-on lab training. This can be set up for you.
Wheelabrator Patrick G.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) It was very informative.
This crane training course provides fundamentals to promote a better understanding of AC and DC electrical crane controls. Designed as a review for experienced Electrician's this course will also guide the non-electrician to understand crane controls and troubleshooting techniques.
- Understand Basic Electrical Theory
- Understand Operation of AC and DC motors
- Understand Power Circuits
- Analyze Operational Characteristics for Troubleshooting
- Understand Impact of Plugging, Overload and Overtravel Protection Circuits
- Perform Electrical Inspections
- Perform Electrical Preventive Maintenance Procedures
- Electrical Fundamentals
- DC Motors
- AC Motors
- Protection Circuits
- Electric Load Brakes
- Multi-Step Magnetic Controls (AC and DC)
- Saturable Reactor (Static Stepless) Control
- Adjustable (Variable) Frequency Drive Controls
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility
Contact Konecranes Crane Training Center for questions or special requests.