Crane Control Fundamentals - 3 Days
This 3-day crane training course has helped students to better understand of AC and DC electrical crane controls. Students benefit from the theory and application of electrical crane control.
Nucor Steel Shane V.
Great Class w/training to the governing agencies. Loved the Power Point Format
w/video clips from wire rope manufacturer.
Underwriters Lab Michael K.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Everything I learned.
North AmericanStainless Jason C.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Just good course overall.
General Motors Jonathan
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Examples, practical exercises,
USEC Inc. Jerry S.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Hands on. Removing brakes and parts and re-assembly
This crane training course provides fundamentals to promote a better understanding of AC and DC electrical crane controls. Designed as a review for experienced Electrician's this course will also guide the non-electrician to understand crane controls and troubleshooting techniques.
- Understand Basic Electrical Theory
- Understand Operation of AC and DC motors
- Understand Power Circuits
- Analyze Operational Characteristics for Troubleshooting
- Understand Impact of Plugging, Overload and Overtravel Protection Circuits
- Perform Electrical Inspections
- Perform Electrical Preventive Maintenance Procedures
- Electrical Fundamentals
- DC Motors
- AC Motors
- Protection Circuits
- Electric Load Brakes
- Multi-Step Magnetic Controls (AC and DC)
- Saturable Reactor (Static Stepless) Control
- Adjustable (Variable) Frequency Drive Controls
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility
Contact Konecranes Crane Training Center for questions or special requests.