Crane Control Fundamentals - 3 Days
This 3-day crane training course has helped students to better understand of AC and DC electrical crane controls. Students benefit from the theory and application of electrical crane control.
Freeport McMoRanMining Hank R.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Instructor kept the class moving at a good pace.
Underwriters Lab Demetrius
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Math portion.
Gerdau Ameristeel Clifford H.
(What I liked about the seminar was…) Technical information about the subject.
O'Neal SteelHouston Robert P.
Very thorough in Power Point Presentations
Phelps Dodge Travis W.
I liked info pertaining angle to weight for cables and Misc load changes that occur
during a lift.
This crane training course provides fundamentals to promote a better understanding of AC and DC electrical crane controls. Designed as a review for experienced Electrician's this course will also guide the non-electrician to understand crane controls and troubleshooting techniques.
- Understand Basic Electrical Theory
- Understand Operation of AC and DC motors
- Understand Power Circuits
- Analyze Operational Characteristics for Troubleshooting
- Understand Impact of Plugging, Overload and Overtravel Protection Circuits
- Perform Electrical Inspections
- Perform Electrical Preventive Maintenance Procedures
- Electrical Fundamentals
- DC Motors
- AC Motors
- Protection Circuits
- Electric Load Brakes
- Multi-Step Magnetic Controls (AC and DC)
- Saturable Reactor (Static Stepless) Control
- Adjustable (Variable) Frequency Drive Controls
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility
Contact Konecranes Crane Training Center for questions or special requests.