Crane Control Fundamentals - 3 Days
This 3-day crane training course has helped students to better understand of AC and DC electrical crane controls. Students benefit from the theory and application of electrical crane control.
General Motors Beau W.
The instructor was very knowledgeable. This was a very good course.
Instructor was knowledgeable and very helpful. Course was taught at a very nice pace.
Phelps Dodge Michael S.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Very good class involvement.
Nucor Yamato Steel Tim D.
Quality ElectricSteel Casting Conley W.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Crane safety points.
Hampton NASASteam Plant RaymondA.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Everything, the labs.
This crane training course provides fundamentals to promote a better understanding of AC and DC electrical crane controls. Designed as a review for experienced Electrician's this course will also guide the non-electrician to understand crane controls and troubleshooting techniques.
- Understand Basic Electrical Theory
- Understand Operation of AC and DC motors
- Understand Power Circuits
- Analyze Operational Characteristics for Troubleshooting
- Understand Impact of Plugging, Overload and Overtravel Protection Circuits
- Perform Electrical Inspections
- Perform Electrical Preventive Maintenance Procedures
- Electrical Fundamentals
- DC Motors
- AC Motors
- Protection Circuits
- Electric Load Brakes
- Multi-Step Magnetic Controls (AC and DC)
- Saturable Reactor (Static Stepless) Control
- Adjustable (Variable) Frequency Drive Controls
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility
Contact Konecranes Crane Training Center for questions or special requests.