Crane Control Fundamentals - 3 Days
This 3-day crane training course has helped students to better understand of AC and DC electrical crane controls. Students benefit from the theory and application of electrical crane control.
Gerdau Ameristeel Ed H.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Instruction books and handouts,
Alcoa David T.
Excellent course overall and very well taught. Instructor is extremely
knowledgeable in all areas of cranes & an entertaining speaker.
Caterpillar -Mapleton William L.
(The instructor) was very knowledgeable and thorough. Explained all matter
REC Silicon Phil H.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) It makes you think before you make a lift
Vulcraft Joseph W.
Cranes are new to me! Great Class.
This crane training course provides fundamentals to promote a better understanding of AC and DC electrical crane controls. Designed as a review for experienced Electrician's this course will also guide the non-electrician to understand crane controls and troubleshooting techniques.
- Understand Basic Electrical Theory
- Understand Operation of AC and DC motors
- Understand Power Circuits
- Analyze Operational Characteristics for Troubleshooting
- Understand Impact of Plugging, Overload and Overtravel Protection Circuits
- Perform Electrical Inspections
- Perform Electrical Preventive Maintenance Procedures
- Electrical Fundamentals
- DC Motors
- AC Motors
- Protection Circuits
- Electric Load Brakes
- Multi-Step Magnetic Controls (AC and DC)
- Saturable Reactor (Static Stepless) Control
- Adjustable (Variable) Frequency Drive Controls
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility
Contact Konecranes Crane Training Center for questions or special requests.