Overhead Crane Electrical Maintenance - 2 Days
This electrical crane maintenance training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of A.C. crane controls including A.C. full magnetic, stepless and adjustable frequency drives and is considered the basic orientation to electrical maintenance.
REC Silicon Phil H.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) It makes you think before you make a lift
Merrill Fabricators Jason N.
Class size was small. Better interaction.
Phelps Dodge Charles A.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Full involvement.
Boeing Eric C.
Information was something I can use directly with my job and prepares me for the things I need to be aware of.
Trinity Rail Russell T.
I thought it was very interesting. I got a lot of needed insight on needed subjects.
Crane Training on Electrical Maintenance
This accelerated crane maintenance training course is offered in various cities throughout the U.S. and Canada, including at our Los Angeles area classroom. This crane training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of AC crane controls including AC full magnetic, stepless and adjustable frequency drives and is considered the basic orientation to electrical crane maintenance.
- Identify the function and operation of single speed, two speed, step type, secondary reactor and adjustable frequency A.C. crane controls
- Analyze power and control circuits
- Identify problematic motor symptoms and correct their causes
- Perform control system inspections, tests and adjustments
- Analyze operating characteristics for troubleshooting control system failures
- Test, adjust and troubleshoot control components
- Understand how the plugging, overload and travel limit protection circuits operate individually and in combination
- Perform brake electrical inspections, tests, adjustments and trouble shooting
- Perform electrical inspections
- Perform electrical preventive maintenance procedures
- Overhead Crane Electrical Safety
- Overhead Crane Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Tools
- OHMs Law
- AC Motors
- Wound Rotor Motors
- DC Motors
- Motor Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Power Distribution
- Crane Electrical Components
- Fuses & Circuit Breakers
- Motor Overload
- Mechanical & Electrical Interlocks
- Transformers & Rectifier
- Limit Switches
- Motor Thermistors
- Brakes & Electric Load Brake - Magnetorque (TM)
- Master Controller, Radio Controls & Crane Pendants
- PLC & Crane Monitoring Equipment
- Crane Overload Limiter
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Basic Speed Control
- Hands-On Student Labs
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility