Overhead Crane Electrical Maintenance - 2 Days
This electrical crane maintenance training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of A.C. crane controls including A.C. full magnetic, stepless and adjustable frequency drives and is considered the basic orientation to electrical maintenance.
Toromont Energy Marilyn H.
Being able to get out on the shop and view parts that we learned about. (The
instructor) was great.
Southern CaliforniaEnergy Phillip D.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Learning something I didn't know.
Ice Cube Project Ben B.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Learning how to figure what size
components I would need under different circumstances
Jacinto Port OS
We did learn a lot of calculating the technical parts gathering the correct gear and how to properly read the tags on the gear.
Central Arizona Project Ed P.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Received a good understanding
of rating slings at different angles.
Crane Training on Electrical Maintenance
This accelerated crane maintenance training course is offered in various cities throughout the U.S. and Canada, including at our Los Angeles area classroom. This crane training course highlights electrical maintenance procedures for all types of AC crane controls including AC full magnetic, stepless and adjustable frequency drives and is considered the basic orientation to electrical crane maintenance.
- Identify the function and operation of single speed, two speed, step type, secondary reactor and adjustable frequency A.C. crane controls
- Analyze power and control circuits
- Identify problematic motor symptoms and correct their causes
- Perform control system inspections, tests and adjustments
- Analyze operating characteristics for troubleshooting control system failures
- Test, adjust and troubleshoot control components
- Understand how the plugging, overload and travel limit protection circuits operate individually and in combination
- Perform brake electrical inspections, tests, adjustments and trouble shooting
- Perform electrical inspections
- Perform electrical preventive maintenance procedures
- Overhead Crane Electrical Safety
- Overhead Crane Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Tools
- OHMs Law
- AC Motors
- Wound Rotor Motors
- DC Motors
- Motor Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Power Distribution
- Crane Electrical Components
- Fuses & Circuit Breakers
- Motor Overload
- Mechanical & Electrical Interlocks
- Transformers & Rectifier
- Limit Switches
- Motor Thermistors
- Brakes & Electric Load Brake - Magnetorque (TM)
- Master Controller, Radio Controls & Crane Pendants
- PLC & Crane Monitoring Equipment
- Crane Overload Limiter
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Basic Speed Control
- Hands-On Student Labs
- Tour of motor manufacturing facility