DC (Direct Current) Crane Control - 3 Days
This 3-day crane training course teaches the different methods of controlling D.C. motors as used on cranes.
Penta TMR Albert T.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Rigging.
FreightCar America Eric P.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Everything.
Batavia Fire Dept. Joe A.
Exactly what I was looking for.
National OilwellVarco Martin G.
Interesting facts about material, cranes and tools.
General Motors Beau W.
The instructor was very knowledgeable. This was a very good course.
Instructor was knowledgeable and very helpful. Course was taught at a very nice pace.
This crane course teaches the different methods of controlling D.C. motors as used on cranes. Block diagrams of various manufacturers’ controls are utilized to explain the operation in a crane application. D.C. motor basics and preventive maintenance are also covered in detail. Additionally, this crane training course covers proper preventive maintenance procedures and alignment for D.C. motor controls.
- Understand D.C. characteristics, diode and SCR rectification
- Identify D.C. motor construction and perform maintenance
- Use system schematics to explain relay logic
- Properly text and adjust the electric control systems
- Troubleshoot the system to the faulty component
- General & Electrical Safety
- Electrical Theory - Power Distribution
- Ohm's Law & Kirchoff's Laws
- Series and Parallel Circuits
- DC Motors
- Motor Construction & Operation
- Series Wound & Shunt Wound Motors
- Inspection, Testing & Troubleshooting
- Inspection & Adjustment
- Brake Wheels
- Electrical Schematics & Diagrams
- Limit Switches & Motor control “power” circuits
- Acceleration controls circuits
- System testing and troubleshooting