DC (Direct Current) Crane Control - 3 Days
This 3-day crane training course teaches the different methods of controlling D.C. motors as used on cranes.
IPSCO Steel Douglas S.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) I learned a lot of things I didn't know, the instructor made me feel comfortable throughout the class.
Caterpillar -Mapleton William L.
(The instructor) was very knowledgeable and thorough. Explained all matter
Austell Box Board Jason P.
Instructor was well prepared and well rounded in information and experience. For the first time attending this course, I was impressed with the material.
Lehigh Cement Barry O.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) Instructor's presentation.
General Motors Tim Petty
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Practical experiences that the instructor had to offer.
This crane course teaches the different methods of controlling D.C. motors as used on cranes. Block diagrams of various manufacturers’ controls are utilized to explain the operation in a crane application. D.C. motor basics and preventive maintenance are also covered in detail. Additionally, this crane training course covers proper preventive maintenance procedures and alignment for D.C. motor controls.
- Understand D.C. characteristics, diode and SCR rectification
- Identify D.C. motor construction and perform maintenance
- Use system schematics to explain relay logic
- Properly text and adjust the electric control systems
- Troubleshoot the system to the faulty component
- General & Electrical Safety
- Electrical Theory - Power Distribution
- Ohm's Law & Kirchoff's Laws
- Series and Parallel Circuits
- DC Motors
- Motor Construction & Operation
- Series Wound & Shunt Wound Motors
- Inspection, Testing & Troubleshooting
- Inspection & Adjustment
- Brake Wheels
- Electrical Schematics & Diagrams
- Limit Switches & Motor control “power” circuits
- Acceleration controls circuits
- System testing and troubleshooting