DC (Direct Current) Crane Control - 3 Days
This 3-day crane training course teaches the different methods of controlling D.C. motors as used on cranes.
Timet Dalton P.
Good class personable instructor. (Not happy he was a Green Bay Fan).
SIA / AllegentGlobal Terry J.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Instructors’ knowledge and info. Good job, good class, great learning environment.
Phelps Dodge Steve G.
A lot of info how to train & help others
Kinder Morgan Nelson F.
You learn that the crane work you so it's best to be fully alert of vision so you can
properly see the mechanics of your equipment in operation.
Northrop Grumman Richard S.
Great slide show.
This crane course teaches the different methods of controlling D.C. motors as used on cranes. Block diagrams of various manufacturers’ controls are utilized to explain the operation in a crane application. D.C. motor basics and preventive maintenance are also covered in detail. Additionally, this crane training course covers proper preventive maintenance procedures and alignment for D.C. motor controls.
- Understand D.C. characteristics, diode and SCR rectification
- Identify D.C. motor construction and perform maintenance
- Use system schematics to explain relay logic
- Properly text and adjust the electric control systems
- Troubleshoot the system to the faulty component
- General & Electrical Safety
- Electrical Theory - Power Distribution
- Ohm's Law & Kirchoff's Laws
- Series and Parallel Circuits
- DC Motors
- Motor Construction & Operation
- Series Wound & Shunt Wound Motors
- Inspection, Testing & Troubleshooting
- Inspection & Adjustment
- Brake Wheels
- Electrical Schematics & Diagrams
- Limit Switches & Motor control “power” circuits
- Acceleration controls circuits
- System testing and troubleshooting