Midw. Indust. Coatings Peter G.
Great information in this class! (I liked…) skills test on crane.
Nucor Steel Don M.
I have been involved in training for a number of years and this was some of the
best I have been involved with.
Los Alamos Mark S.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) The relation of the information to inspection.
Ingersoll MachineTools Jim H.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Hands-on examples.
Phelps Dodge Juan M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) All of it!
This crane course teaches the different methods of controlling D.C. motors as used on cranes. Block diagrams of various manufacturers’ controls are utilized to explain the operation in a crane application. D.C. motor basics and preventive maintenance are also covered in detail. Additionally, this crane training course covers proper preventive maintenance procedures and alignment for D.C. motor controls.
- Understand D.C. characteristics, diode and SCR rectification
- Identify D.C. motor construction and perform maintenance
- Use system schematics to explain relay logic
- Properly text and adjust the electric control systems
- Troubleshoot the system to the faulty component
- General & Electrical Safety
- Electrical Theory - Power Distribution
- Ohm's Law & Kirchoff's Laws
- Series and Parallel Circuits
- DC Motors
- Motor Construction & Operation
- Series Wound & Shunt Wound Motors
- Inspection, Testing & Troubleshooting
- Inspection & Adjustment
- Brake Wheels
- Electrical Schematics & Diagrams
- Limit Switches & Motor control “power” circuits
- Acceleration controls circuits
- System testing and troubleshooting