Sandvik Materials Doug P.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Knowledge of the instructor.
General Motors Bret M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…..) Instructor & Methods, hands on -
Phelps Dodge Brandon S.
(What did you like most about the seminar…) The pace of the class, the instructor's knowledge and experience.
Exxon Mobil Jeremy G.
Spallinger Millwright Tom D.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Learning new things, understanding
This crane course teaches the different methods of controlling D.C. motors as used on cranes. Block diagrams of various manufacturers’ controls are utilized to explain the operation in a crane application. D.C. motor basics and preventive maintenance are also covered in detail. Additionally, this crane training course covers proper preventive maintenance procedures and alignment for D.C. motor controls.
- Understand D.C. characteristics, diode and SCR rectification
- Identify D.C. motor construction and perform maintenance
- Use system schematics to explain relay logic
- Properly text and adjust the electric control systems
- Troubleshoot the system to the faulty component
- General & Electrical Safety
- Electrical Theory - Power Distribution
- Ohm's Law & Kirchoff's Laws
- Series and Parallel Circuits
- DC Motors
- Motor Construction & Operation
- Series Wound & Shunt Wound Motors
- Inspection, Testing & Troubleshooting
- Inspection & Adjustment
- Brake Wheels
- Electrical Schematics & Diagrams
- Limit Switches & Motor control “power” circuits
- Acceleration controls circuits
- System testing and troubleshooting