Alcoa Clark R.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Calculations of Rigging, Great job,
North AmericanStainless BrandonDeneen
Instructor very willing to answer questions as well as encouraged questions.
Freeport McMoRanMining Richard M.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) The instructor was very
knowledgeable, also the power points.
SIA / AllegentGlobal Terry J.
(What I liked most about the seminar was…) Instructors’ knowledge and info. Good job, good class, great learning environment.
Lockheed Martin Miquel T.
(What I liked most about the seminar was...) The hands-on.
This crane course teaches the different methods of controlling D.C. motors as used on cranes. Block diagrams of various manufacturers’ controls are utilized to explain the operation in a crane application. D.C. motor basics and preventive maintenance are also covered in detail. Additionally, this crane training course covers proper preventive maintenance procedures and alignment for D.C. motor controls.
- Understand D.C. characteristics, diode and SCR rectification
- Identify D.C. motor construction and perform maintenance
- Use system schematics to explain relay logic
- Properly text and adjust the electric control systems
- Troubleshoot the system to the faulty component
- General & Electrical Safety
- Electrical Theory - Power Distribution
- Ohm's Law & Kirchoff's Laws
- Series and Parallel Circuits
- DC Motors
- Motor Construction & Operation
- Series Wound & Shunt Wound Motors
- Inspection, Testing & Troubleshooting
- Inspection & Adjustment
- Brake Wheels
- Electrical Schematics & Diagrams
- Limit Switches & Motor control “power” circuits
- Acceleration controls circuits
- System testing and troubleshooting